GEDI (Groundtruthing Environment for Document Images) is a highly configurable document image annotation tool. Its basic structure involves two types of files, an Image file, and a corresponding .XML file in GEDI format. LAMP Univ of MD, College Park, MD
- GEDI listener: the interface can be controlled by programs outside of java; it accepts specific HTTP commands.
- Data overlay: visualization of multiple metadata file at the same time.
- Commenting and tracking: users can annotate zones with questions and issues.
- Scripting: to process the metadate on an image through a configurable script.
- Connected components and RL encoding: it generates connected components and/or underlying run length encoding.
- Able to work with color images; able to convert to Black and White
Thanks for Gedigroundtruth, it's excellent!