fosite is a generic framework for the numerical solution of 2D hyperbolic conservation laws in generalized orthogonal coordinates. Its main purpose is the simulation of compressible flows with either rotational symmetry or slab symmetry. The underlying numerical solution method belongs to the family of unsplit conservative finite volume TVD schemes. The method is 2nd order accurate in space and uses high order Runge-Kutta and multistep schemes for time evolution. In addition to the pure advection code several source terms have been implemented including viscous diffusion and gravitational acceleration. Due to its modular object-oriented design it is very easy to add new features to the code.
- conservative 2nd order finite volume scheme
- solution of transport problems for compressible viscous flows
- conservation of linear and angular momentum, energy and rothalpy
- gravitational source terms including poisson solver to account for selfgravity
- subgrid-scale model for turbulent flows
- various curvilinear orthogonal grids
- fast orbital advection algorithm (FARGO) for 2D polar geometries
- high-order time integration with adaptive step size control
- several output formats including VTK, XDMF, HDF5
Be the first to post a review of Fosite - 2D advection problem solver!