findent indents and beautifies Fortran source, fixed and free format, and converts Fortran fixed format to Fortran free format. Plugins for vim and gedit are included.
- Indent, beautify Fortran source
- Conversion fixed form to free form
- Fortran 2008 compliant
- CLI (findent) and graphical frontend (jfindent)
- Graphical frontend jfindent: click 'files' above
- Interfaces with vim, gvim, gedit
- Linux and Windows
- Debian packages available
findent works great, it is almost completely customisable which means you can adapt the code to your formatting conventions. Easy to compile and install, failsafe, and beautifies your code in seconds.
There are some alternatives (f.e. emacs) but this tool is small and does what one expects from it.