Old school search application for Windows 2000 and above, updated with lots of added features, but without the features you hate.
- Fast & intuitive user interface. Does not get in your way.
- Recall previous search file, text and path patterns separately.
- (example: search the same path as yesterday but for a different file)
- Direct Search; no indexing. Up-to-the-minute results, no annoying background tasks.
- No phoning home at all, ever. Your recent search terms are stored, but they stay on your PC.
- Custom File Viewer/Editor: override Windows' default double-click action.
- Text Search with optional wildcards or (VBScript-style) regular expressions.
- Search in multiple folder trees, with optional wildcards and exclusion pattern
- Windows Explorer Shell functionality: dynamic context menu, drag and drop.
- Special file patterns: for example, ">text" finds all "text-like" file types.
- Exclusion patterns for files and folder paths
- (for example, "*.txt|/junk" finds all text files EXCEPT those with "junk" in their names)
- Works at low priority, so you can do other things while searching.
- (search may be paused and resumed)
- (partial results can be used while search continues)
- (in other words, it's slow, but that's on purpose, I swear)
- Did we mention there's no animated animals?
- For more info, click "Browse All Files" above to see the ReadMe.
(reply to thorsenrune) "does not remember settings from last use" - It may appear so, since all search fields are blank on startup, but previous search terms are saved in the 3 drop-down lists (File Names, Text to Find, and Paths). All you have to do is click a list and use your mouse wheel to select a recently used search term. "works but sometimes hangs" - I am aware of a certain lack of user-interface responsiveness while busy searching under 64-bit Windows and am working to find a solution. Try clicking "Pause" - there may be a delay up to 10 seconds, but it will pause eventually. The user interface becomes responsive again, and you can do things like work with your partial search results before hitting Resume or Stop. Thank you for your review, and I hope I have at least partially addressed your issues.
Works, but sometimes it hangs. It's annoying that it does not remember settings from last use. Still I look for the old XP style sidebar in the folderwindow.
Lovely and Classic-y, just how I like-em. Now replaced my my Norton Tools PDFind with this, dont need anything else. Great work.