Self Integrated DNS Server Open Source Freeware Windows/Linux. Works as DHCP or DNS Server or both. Using both services adds DHCP allotted hosts automatically to DNS Server. Support Relay Agent, PXEBOOT, BOOTP, Zone Trasfer, DHCP Range Filters. Download.
- Either DHCP or DNS or Both Services can be used.
- DHCP hosts automatically added to DNS, If both services used
- DHCP Supports 125 ranges, all options, range specific options
- DNS Supports Zone Transfer and Zone Replication.
- DHCP Supports BOOTP Relay Agents, PXE Boot, BOOTP.
- Dynamically Detects Listening Interfaces, can listen on 125 interfaces
- HTTP Interface for Lease Status.
- Filtering of Ranges by Mac Range, Vendor Class and User Class
- Very easy configuration, no Zone files required.
- Allows Replicated operations for DHCP and DNS
- Very Low Memory and CPU use
- Can be installed and used by person not having DNS/DHCP Concepts
- Designed to run as Replicated Load sharing Duplex Operation
Does just what I needed - which is to give me the capability to manage blacklists of web sites and domains for all the systems on my LAN through DNS. It ran fine out of the box on a Win 7 system but I had to modify the code to have it support many more wildcarded domains and to build it for x64 with VS 2015. The software scaled up to over 27,000 [WILD_HOSTS] and over 65,000 [DNS_HOSTS] entries without any noticeable delay, and frankly it still doesn't take up many resources. The number of warnings the code emits when built imply some less than enviable assumptions have been made about data sizes and I think it could be coded a little more cleanly overall, but all in all it's GREAT to have found this package and have been able to accomplish all my security and ad-proofing goals with it. Thank you to the original developers.
@wenarlin If you look in the manual, there is a section about all the different DHCP options you can specify. One is Router. I think they just use the term router (which is what it is called in the DHCP spec) instead of default gateway which is what we are used to. I was thrown off at first myself.....
This is very poor program, It is dont give default gateway to client machine, and dont have a single word "default gateway even in users manual... IT is useless
Great jobs! Please add Hostname to the "Free Static Leases" of web. I think just one record per row is better.