This is the translation of the Linux C source code of the game Doom to the Delphi programming language. Many features have been added to take advantage of modern hardware: External hi-res textures, advanced 32 bit color software renderer, OpenGL support, md2 models, sloped floors & ceilings, 3d middle floors, voxels, dynamic lightmaps, mp3 music, custom actor definition and more... In addition provides accurate demo playback of many Vanilla Doom demos. Supported games include: Doom, Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Chex Quest, Chex Quest 2 and Strife.
- Advanced true color software renderer supporting external textures, lights and transparency
- OpenGL renderer
- Good demo compatibility (Doom Branch only)
- Limit removing engine
- Widescreen support
- Frame interpolation to exceed the build-in 35Hz TICRATE (both software and OpenGL mode)
- Console for setting enviroment variables and executing commands
- Automap rotation and overlay
- Textured automap
- Custom actor definition via ACTORDEF lumps
- Advanced PascalScript to customize levels and actors
- MP3 and midi music support
- Voxel support
- DeHackEd and BEX support
- Easy launcher to control the most common tasks
- Sloped floors and ceilings
- 3d Middle Floors (currently only one per sector)
- Support for HI_START & HI_END namespace inside PWADs
- Support for md2 (Quake) models (OpenGL renderer only)
- Post-processing effect to eliminate perspective distortion in software rendering mode
- Multithreading software renderer (up to 256 logical CPUs)
- External high resolution textures inside PK3 files.
Program crashes when playing mp3 with VBR-bitrate.
Great! I dreamed to have this 10 years ago! :)
Wow, very impressive !