Ddrutility is meant to be a compliment to gnuddrescue. It is a LINUX based set of utilities to help with hard drive data rescue. If you like it, please feel free to use the Donations tab above :)
version 2.8 released November 23, 2016
* No longer uses automake
* Uses regular make file
* No program changes were made
Please see the Files page or the readme.txt file for the full version changes (scroll down to the “NEWS” section).
Please see the Wiki or the help files for full documentation (note that the Wiki page does not seem to navigate properly, sorry).
- Find what files are related to the bad sectors using a ddrescue logfile (old and slow)
- Special NTFS utility to find files related to bad sectors (fast)
- Create a domain logfile to use with ddrescue to only recover the used portion of an NTFS partition
- Create a domain logfile to use with ddrescue to focus on recovering the MFT of an NTFS partition
- Perform some advanced disk read functions
While complex, this companion set of utilities to ddrescue really adds a wealth of incredibly useful and potentially data-saving features.
It delivers what promises, with excellent support from developer.
Unfortunately it is missing one section with examples. I suggest the developer to add one "Examples" section