Dlib is a C++ toolkit containing machine learning algorithms and tools for creating complex software in C++ to solve real world problems.
- High quality documentation
- Easy to use, no install necessary
- Many state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms
- Fast, MATLAB like linear algebra support
- Many large scale non-linear optimization algorithms
- Very easy to use HOG object detection tools
- A high quality face detector
Some modern algorithms dated 2008, average c++ programming level. No help, no support. If you really want to get something working - better write yourself and compare results to dlib. Best answer you ll get in 5 or 7 days - check page with list of old books he used at school. If you are programming windows apps (or Azure ) - dont even ask anything.
It's a bloody good C++ library for machine learning, but I would use it even just for file/folder handling. The code is properly designed, tested and documented. The author is very helpful and answers to most questions within hours or days.
Awesome for computer vision research and development