An rsync-based backup tool, enterprise-level features. Created in http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu, and used in many groups, MBNI itself uses it to backup 150T data from one Windows file server and multiple Linux file servers daily, and each backup takes about 5 hours.
Please stay tuned, our next innovation is to use those ditched LTO tapes to knit a sweater probably.
- Unmodified files use only one space no matter how many backups are kept, and user-moved files can be linked back to the same space to save space even further
- User can retrieve backups without administrator's help, because the backup is on a regular file system
- Strict owner/permission control, backup file can have the same security setting as its source
- User can find file by name in backups more quickly than command 'find'
- Can backup Windows through samba, and can have granular owner/permission control for each sub-folder
- Graphic report
- Centralized control, no software installation or daily operation on client side
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
excellent backup tool. easy to use. looking forward to 2.0, where it reaches the state of perfection.
It is a good software, because its features are all fancy, and I am its programmer. :)