ConEmu-Maximus5 is a Windows console window enhancement (local terminal emulator), which presents multiple consoles and simple GUI applications as one customizable tabbed GUI window with various features.
Initially, the program was created as a companion to Far Manager, my favorite shell replacement.
Today, ConEmu can be used with any other console application or simple GUI tools (like PuTTY for example). ConEmu is an active project, open to suggestions.
Disclaimer. ConEmu is not a shell, so it does not provide "shell features" like tab-completion, command history and others. ConEmu does not provide remote access (SSH/Telnet/...) too. ConEmu is advanced console window (local terminal) where you can run any shell or remote access client of your choice. Also you may try Clink for bash-style completion in cmd.exe and PSReadLine or PowerTab in powershell.exe.
- proper smooth and friendly window resizing
- several programs (even simple GUI) in tabs and splits
- Quake style drop-down
- Windows 7 Jump Lists and Progress on Taskbar buttons
- easily run old DOS applications (games) in Windows 7 or 64-bit OS
- configurable and clickable status bar
- optional per-application settings (e.g. palettes)
- normal, maximized and full screen window graphic modes
- customizable font family, height, width, bold, italic, anti-aliasing (standard, clear type, disabled)
- using normal/bold/italic fonts for different parts of console simultaneously
- user friendly text and block selection
- vertical or horisontal cursor
- ANSI X3.64 and Xterm 256 colors
- drag and drop (explorer style), thumbnails and tiles in Far manager
- and more, and more...
The ultimate console for Windows
This is just a great and wonderful project, using it since a while now and still perfect
This has become the premier tabbed-console-interface program available in the Windows world... There are so many special features that it's hard to pick the best, but one of my favorites is the ability to save/restore current tabs, so it remembers all the consoles that you had open, and opens them all in the correct directories when the program is restarted. Absolutely Supreme!!
ConEmu is a great piece of software. An absolute *must* if you're going to do any amount of work in a Windows console environment. Frequently updated and improved too, I can't recommend ConEmu enough.