Community Linux is a USB drive based fully functional writable Linux Distribution. It boots and runs with a comparable speed as a hard drive installation.
Community Linux allows one to create a low cost solid state development and production platform.
For new ComLin drive creation, one needs to download the full install (comlin-016.tar.gz) ... (not just the scripts)
Update: Community Linux will now run on most every machine.
Update: Added Sound drivers, Intelligent boot drive search.
- Solid State USB Boot, Personal Class OS
- Boots and runs at the same speed as a hard drive install
- Lots of apps (OpenOffice, FireFox, Gimp, Thunderbird, GCC etc..) preinstalled
- Linux Standards compliance (rpm based)
- Easy troubleshooting, resillience features
- Install script and install data for easy ComLin USB creation
- All the good features and stability of Linux from a USB drive
- Generous Licensing
- Works on most every PC
- Writable just like a hard drive installation
- Ready for semi mission critical certification
Sounds very interesting. Does it have built in persistence? Is it based on Ubuntu so Unetbootin can be used? Does Linux Live USB creator support Community Linux to allow persistence?
I just wanted to announce, that I uploaded a new version of Community Linux, and updated the Source Forge page using a Community Linux Machine. The project now is in mature phase. Peter Glen, Author