Originally a reimplementation of OpenGroupware's ZideStore. While compatible with legacy ZideStore Coils provides a sophisticated workflow system with ETL and integration capabilities and superior WebDAV/CalDAV features and compatibility.
The workflow engine suppports processes described in BPML and provides integration with a variety of services include SSH, LPD, LDAP, and relation databases.
- WebDAV acces to content, including workflows.
- Modular access control (Database or LDAP, or your custom method)
- Event Conflict Detection, Free/Busy support.
- Event participant roles & status (RFC2445)
- Sophisticated access control (Ownership, ACLs, proxy, etc...)
- Easy to use yet feature complete XML-RPC API (zOGI)
- Store custom attributes on objects.
- BPML based workflow system
- CalDAV support; including viewing workflow processes as calendar events.
- Side-by-side compatibility with your existing OpenGroupware servers.
- Extensive support for automatic processing of XML documents/data.
- AMQP support; OpenGroupware coils is a collection of AMQ connected components.
- GroupDAV support for Contacts (addressbooks)
Excellent support for existing standards makes integrating easier, and the number of things that this package can do is amazing. --I'm a web dev who works with it and on it daily.
I've been using OpenGroupware for over a year, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Coils turns out. I'm very optimistic, going off the quality of Adam's ZoGI xml-rpc interface to OpenGroupware, and going off the tremendous Administrator's Guide to OGO he provided.
Of course I like it, I am the lead developer. :)