The CodeXCavator is a tool for source code indexing, tagging, and fast full-text search.
It consists of two applications:
The indexer is a configurable tool for creating an index for large amounts of source code or plain text files.
The searcher is a GUI based tool for fast full text search within previously created indexes.
The toolchain also supports code tagging, i.e. you can include special tags within comments inside the source code. These are indexed separately and can be associated with any kind of URL, which can be opened from the searcher tool itself.
Searching and indexing is based on the Lucene framework by Apache Software Foundation.
The CodeXCavator can also be extended through plugins.
NOTE: If you have some interesting syntax highlighter definitions feel free and send them to me, I will then integrate them into the next version. Use my SF mail alias. for this.
- Indexing of source code files
- Free configuration of directories and files, which should be included in an index
- Fast full text source code search
- Quick preview of search results
- Fast file search
- Filtering of search results by file type, directory or file name
- Source code browsing with syntax and match highlighting
- Configurable regular expression based syntax highlighting
- Source code tagging
- Tag search
- Association of tags with arbitrary urls
- Navigation and browsing of urls associated with a tag
- Extensible through dynamic plugin system
Be the first to post a review of CodeXCavator - code indexing and search!