Certificate-helper is a utility desktop application written in Java designed and created to assist (mainly developers) in creating and viewing keystores and digital certificates. This is done via a user interfaces implemented in Swing.
- Loads a keystore and view its certificates
- Extract private-public key pair of a keystore in PEM format
- Create private credentials and store them in a keystore
- Create private credentials (user can configure size of key) along with certificate signed by a key of the user’s choosing. I.e. it is possible to create certificates that are not self-signed but create hierarchies and certificate chains.
- Create X.509 V3 certificates with extensions
- User can configure the validity date of a certificate; so it is possible to create expired certificates or not yet valid certificates (can be useful during development testing)
- A light OCSP responder is build-into the tool. It responds to HTTP POST requests (only) for certificates consulting a status file configured and updated by the user. Can be used during development testing if no OCSP infrastructure is available.
- Create a truststore from a collection of certificates the user chooses
- Export certificates from a keystore
- The keystores types supported are #PKCS12 and JKS
- Convert keystores from one type to another
- Sign a certificate using a pem file
- Create truststore from certificates
Be the first to post a review of Certificate Helper!