BRIG is a cross-platform (Windows/Mac/Unix) application that can display circular comparisons between a large number of genomes, with a focus on handling genome assembly data.
Please cite the BRIG paper if BRIG is used to generate figures for publications: NF Alikhan, NK Petty, NL Ben Zakour, SA Beatson (2011) BLAST Ring Image Generator (BRIG): simple prokaryote genome comparisons, BMC Genomics, 12:402. PMID: 21824423
- Images show similarity between a central reference sequence and other sequences as concentric rings.
- BRIG will perform all BLAST comparisons and file parsing automatically via a simple GUI.
- Contig boundaries and read coverage can be displayed for draft genomes; customized graphs and annotations can be displayed.
- Using a user-defined set of genes as input, BRIG can display gene presence, absence, truncation or sequence variation in a set of complete genomes, draft genomes or even raw, unassembled sequence data.
- BRIG also accepts SAM-formatted read-mapping files enabling genomic regions present in unassembled sequence data from multiple samples to be compared simultaneously
so since I'm not allowed to write a ticket, I'm writing a review. I have a HUGE trouble using brig. the creation of multiple rings never work, I always have some missing, when I try to show my genomes one ring at a time, sometimes it works, sometime not, it seems quite random as the same strain will work at time t and not work at time t+1. There is no error message. It seems the software is just printing the rings just when it feels like it... As I see that there doesn't seem to be any support for this tool anymore (last update 2013, last reply to a user's request 2011...) does anybody has any suggestion of another software that might do similar plots ?
Always notice: contains a space. Invalid filename Could someone help me to solve this problem?
I identified a bug, but could not fill out a bug report. If the files have the same name, but are in different folders, only the last file is used to generate the rings. Eg. If folderA/file.fa and folderB/file.fa are used to generate two rings, BRIG results will show two rings corresponding to folderB/file.fa. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty good tool. It would be nice if it was more compatible with support vector graphics programs for post-editting.
Hi I can't seem to create one of the trackers? I want to ask for support in using the program BRIG. I am new to the program but despite getting though to the configuration confirmation and the BLAST run finishing I am unable to find the image file that is supposed to be produced. All I find in the output file is the scratch folder containing .tab and .xml files (no JPEG or PNG files). I would be really grateful to have some help on the subject. Thank you Roseina
A good program but when i use my own data not example it show error please guide me. Please let me know how can i get graph file . Thanks