Ares Galaxy is a free, open source BitTorrent and chat program that uses its own decentralized supernode/leaf network. Ares Galaxy has a simple, quick access interface with a built in audio/video viewer. Ares allows you to share any digital file including images, audio, video, software, documents, etc. You may now easily publish your files through the Ares’ peer-to-peer (P2P) network. As a member of the virtual community, you can search and download just about any file shared by other users. The latest versions also support the BitTorrent protocol and Shoutcast radio stations.
- Advanced search
- Quick downloads
- Built in audio/video player
- Chat rooms
- Powerful library organizer
Ares Galaxy at a GlanceInstalling and launching Ares Galaxy took mere minutes, with its uncomplicated installation wizard and easy-to-navigate user interface (UI). Finding content is as simple as selecting the Search tab, typing the file name, and choosing a content type to help narrow search results and speed search time. Once you find what you seek, you can effortlessly download it with a double click. There are numerous chat channels to choose from in the IRC network. And the Control Panel tab lets you configure everything from the network proxy to the skin (appearance) you select.
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of Ares Galaxy’s features:
- Advanced search—Ares allows you to search for all types of media files such as audio, video, games, software, and photos.
- Quick downloads—Ares automatically finds more sources and downloads files from multiple users. This can increase remarkably the speed of your downloads. Ares also works behind firewalls and requires no configuration.
- Built in audio/video player—You can preview A/V files while downloads are in progress and organize a playlist of your favorites. And Ares' player supports Shoutcast Internet radio.
- Chat rooms—You can host a chat room and/or join available channels while downloading files.
- Powerful library organizer—Your shared files are organized into categories in a library section. You can sort your files by type, category and easily change share settings. And a handy quick-search feature locates your files by typing a keyword.
|It is easy to quickly download and preview multiple media files and participate in chat rooms and file sharing.||Using the Control Panel tab to configure the network settings might confuse the average user.|
- Version: 2.3.0
- File size: 3.41 MB
- Date added: March 31, 2015
- Operating systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7