Minimalistic but full-featured addressbook in your web browser.
adx is a standalone and portable web app (online and offline).
Contact Management, portable, small (~200KB), lightweight, contact tagging, geo mapping, web accounts, trigger phone/Skype calls, etc.
vCard (as file or QR code via offline generator), embedded Microformats (hCard 1.0, XFN).
HOW IT WORKS
Your address-book (XML file) is transformed in your web browser (via XSLT) to a full-featured web application (HTML).
Web browser for viewing online or offline (some like Chrome need a small command line parameter for offline viewing); no server, plugin or anything else needed. Any text editor can be used for contact editing (addressbook.xml).
- Full-featured web application for contact management
- XML based
- Online and offline usage (can be hosted on webserver or local/network folder)
- Portable (e.g. USB flash drive)
- Small (~200 KByte) and lightweight
- no dependencies but a web browser (viewing) and text editor (editing)
- Geo mapping (by address or longitude;latitude)
- Support for web accounts
- Tagging of contacts
- Search in contacts
- Browser quick search possible (Search from browser URL bar in contacts)
- Export contacts as vCard (via file download or QR code)
- Offline QR code generator
- Microformats support (hCard 1.0, XFN)
- Birthday reminder
- Also suited as Small office/home office (SOHO) address-book
- Customizable (XSLT)
- Cross-OS support (incl. Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS, ...)
- Cross-browser support (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, IE)
- Embeddable in web sites
- Note: Focus of adx is contact viewing. Editing can be done with any text editor
This a great project! It is exactly the kind of address book I was looking for: simple but with all features, light and can be used offline. It would be even better if someone could build a simple front-end to introduce or manage contacts. It's a pity the workaround needed to work in Chrome, but I believe there is nothing one could do about that.