Aciqra is a virtual planetarium and sky mapping program which tracks celestial bodies including planets, deep sky objects and stars to an accuracy of a fraction of a degree for thousands of years into both the future and the past. It includes the 2.5 million stars of the Tycho-2 catalog supplemented by data of 120,000 stars from the Hipparcos catalog, 13,000 deep space objects from the NGC and IC catalogs and a large number of asteroids and comets from the Minor Planet Center. The program is platform-independent and can be made to work on most modern computers that support OpenGL.
- Tycho-2 star catalog w/ 2.5 million stars
- Full NGC and IC catalogs w/ 13000 deep space objects
- Interface designed for efficiency
- Correction for atmospheric refraction
- Night vision mode -- turns display red for viewing at night
- Correction for nutation and precession
- Calculate proper motions for stars
- Selecting objects to show details
- Constellation boundaries
- Option to save a view as an image
- Earth's umbra and penumbra for lunar eclipse simulations
- Comets and asteroids tracking
- Semi-realistic comet rendering with dust and ion tails
This tool is amazing!
Not bad! Easy to navigate and orientate. Good idea about "sky player". Keep working ;)