Menu

Problems with EclipsePlugin.(E3.2.1,K2.9.19)

2007-02-17
2013-04-17
  • Martin Mainusch

Martin Mainusch - 2007-02-17

Hi All,

I still have problems with the kalidoeoscope2.9.19 and Eclipse3.2.1 running under Xubuntu6.10.
    I installed all i need into the plugin folder of eclipse. So, i'm able to open kalidoeoscope2.9.19 feature like (perspective and show all views). But the problem is, if i try to open a page or another file in the XuiPage-Editor. I got a Java-Exception with the following content:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:415)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:497)
        at net.xoetrope.editor.project.pages.XGuidePane.<init>(XGuidePane.java:142)
        at net.xoetrope.editor.project.pages.PageDesigner.<init>(PageDesigner.java:222)
        at net.xoetrope.editor.project.pages.XPagePanel.<init>(XPagePanel.java:93)
        at net.xoetrope.editor.eclipse.project.pages.PagePanel.createDesignPage(PagePanel.java:164)
        at net.xoetrope.editor.eclipse.project.pages.PagePanel.createPages(PagePanel.java:179)
        at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:276)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:596)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:372)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:566)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:214)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2595)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2528)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$10(WorkbenchPage.java:2520)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2505)
        at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2500)
        at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenWithMenu.openEditor(OpenWithMenu.java:288)
        at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenWithMenu.access$0(OpenWithMenu.java:280)
        at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenWithMenu$2.handleEvent(OpenWithMenu.java:184)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1085)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3180)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2856)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1930)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1894)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:422)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
    I'm not sure but i think it could by any Windows/Linux Path problem maybe.
    Becouse also by creating a new project by using the XUI-Project the path that i selected in the browser will additionly have somthink like $myorgpath/<ProjectFolder>\&lt;ProjectName>. That seems so, that the path seperator is a backslash in place of slash.

Thanks a lot in advance,

If you have some solution or workarounds for my issues, please let me know!

BR,

Martin

• Luan O'Carroll

Luan O'Carroll - 2007-02-17

To be honest, we haven't tested the Eclipse plugin on Linux, but I'll do that as a priority. You are probablt right about the path issue, that has been the cause of most of the problems and we worked through several of these on the NetBeans plug-in under Linux. The home directory shortcuts were also a problem.

See https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1662231&group_id=76693&atid=547957

• Martin Mainusch

Martin Mainusch - 2007-02-17

Thanks for your super fast Answer!

I'm also using the same version as NetBeans PlugIn. And it works correctly!

BR,
      Martin

• Luan O'Carroll

Luan O'Carroll - 2007-02-18

No problem, but it may take a couple of days to get around to this as I'll probably setup a new instance of Linux to test.

• Luan O'Carroll

Luan O'Carroll - 2007-02-21

OK, I now have the latest Suse Linux and the latest Eclipse running.

I can see there a few problems in addition to what you posted.

I'll see what I can do.

• Luan O'Carroll

I think I have this fixed now, I'll upload the afternoon and post the URL here (the SF shell is still down).

• Luan O'Carroll

Please try the latest update

See http://www.xoetrope.com/xui/nightly/21022007/Kalideoscope_2.9.22.zip

I reckon you will have to create a new project (or manually edit the project files/proeprties)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2007-02-21

I wanted to run the Eclipse Plugin Version 2.9.19 with Eclipse 3.2.2 on Mac OS X Tiger.

The Wizard created a folder at the same level with my workspace folder, the project folder name was concatened with a backslash like this:

workspace folder: "wrkspc"
      project folder: "wrkspc\proj" (this is NOT a path but the folder name).

The pages, resources and lib folder were created inside it. No other files and folders were created, instead,  I got the following error message:

at net.xoetrope.editor.project.XEditorProject.setStartupParam(XEditorProject.java:1438)
          at net.xoetrope.editor.project.XEditorProject.setStartupProperty(XEditorProject.java:1308)
          at net.xoetrope.editor.project.XEditorProject.setFrameset(XEditorProject.java:1011)
          at net.xoetrope.editor.project.XEditorProject.setFrameFile(XEditorProject.java:1662)
          at net.xoetrope.editor.eclipse.project.viewer.FilenamePage.saveState(FilenamePage.java:257)
          at net.xoetrope.editor.eclipse.project.viewer.XuiProjectEditor.saveState(XuiProjectEditor.java:224)
          at net.xoetrope.editor.eclipse.project.viewer.XuiProjectEditor.pageChange(XuiProjectEditor.java:218)
          at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.setActivePage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:690)
          at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:280)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:596)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:372)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:566)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:214)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2595)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2528)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$10(WorkbenchPage.java:2520)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2505)
          at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2500)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2477)
          at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:419)
          at net.xoetrope.editor.eclipse.newproject.NewXuiProjectWizard$2.run(NewXuiProjectWizard.java:245)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:123)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3181)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2936)
          at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block(ModalContext.java:158)
          at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:326)
          at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:851)
          at net.xoetrope.editor.eclipse.newproject.NewXuiProjectWizard.performFinish(NewXuiProjectWizard.java:169)
          at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:680)
          at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:355)
          at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$3.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:660)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1496)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1520)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1505)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1279)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3312)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2941)
          at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:820)
          at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:796)
          at org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewWizardAction.run(NewWizardAction.java:181)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:499)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:539)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1496)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1520)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1505)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1279)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3312)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2941)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1930)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1894)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:422)
          at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.j.ava:977)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

With the nightly build, the creation of a new project went smoothly. Double-Clicking on styles.xml (and thus opening the kaliedoscope view) crashed the application.

• Luan O'Carroll

Luan O'Carroll - 2007-02-22

I fixed this problem yesterday and uploaded a nightly build to

http://www.xoetrope.com/xui/nightly/21022007/Kalideoscope_2.9.22.zip

If you have any further problems please do not hesitate to get in touch. We would be very interested to hear your Mac experiences as we have not yet tested on the Mac. There are a number of outstanding issues relating to the Eclipse plugin on Linux and these may also affect Mac usage. We will do what we can to make speedy fixes available should you find other problems.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Martin Mainusch

Martin Mainusch - 2007-02-27

Hi Luan!

Thanks a lots for a very fast support!
      I tested the new PlugIn on my Sytem in a first short shoot! And it seems very, very good!
      I am very hapy that i can work with Eclipse and XUI together!

Thank you so much!!!

BR,

Martin

PS. If i find out some problems, i will post this here!

• Luan O'Carroll

Luan O'Carroll - 2007-02-27

Cool, but don't hesitate to report even the small issues.