Menu

XDM 2018 released

2017-12-10
2022-11-10
<< < 1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 2 of 4)
  • João

João - 2020-07-02

Hi Mr. @subhra74, I have the same problem. I took some video files through compressed mode to download from Google Drive. I selected some videos available on a Google Drive link and with the right mouse button, I selected "Download", and the download started automatically in XDM. So, it's a big file, and in the middle of progress download was interrupted out of nowhere. I choose "Resume" XDM option and it showed "Sever does not support resuming, please restart the download". It took me a long time to reach that level of download progress, around 50%. When I click and select "Refresh Link", the system says "Please open the web page in browser, where the download link was found. In case of streaming video, please play the video and select the same format", but I nothing happens. Can you help me to resume the download from where it stopped? I'm using the latest version of XDM (XDM 2020), downloaded today from the official website. My operating system is Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa. Thank you!

• Subhra Das Gupta

There is a temporary work around for videos less 1 MB.
    Please follow below steps:
    1. XDM any running instance of XDM, File->Exit
    2. If on Linux open ~/.xdman/config.txt or on windows %USERPROFILE%.xdman\config.txt using Wordpad
    3. find the key minVidSize and set its value to 1024
    4. Save the file in txt format only

• Subhra Das Gupta

Now in latest version of XDM , goto browser monitoring page, and select N/A from "download video larger than" drop down.

• Subhra Das Gupta

Right click on the download and select Save As.
    Save the filename with MKV extension

• Subhra Das Gupta

Please specify you operating system and XDM version

• Subhra Das Gupta

Try updating the component now, I have updated the components file on server.

• Subhra Das Gupta

are you using linux?

• Subhra Das Gupta

Please do uninstall XDM.
    XDM should not be used by someone who can not post a suggestion or comment politely.

• Subhra Das Gupta

If possible please share the download link.

• Subhra Das Gupta

OK I got your point that XDM should not ask user to download, instead it should download automatically.

I will add this feature in next release.

• Subhra Das Gupta

Which browser?
    Is XDM running?

• selcuk

selcuk - 2018-01-29

Thx Mr Subhra for this nice downloader...But while downloading any movie from any movie web page..I always get the message "Failed to append file parts, please check if the drive is full or write protected" in Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty , Althouh i change recording directory, there is enough space for recording,

then i decided to try XDM in windows 7 in the same computer..it is ok ..no any problem..

thx for your help in advance...

not: the last version of XDM on my UBUNTU and Windows 7

Last edit: selcuk 2018-01-29
    • Subhra Das Gupta

Please goto XDM Menu->Update component
      If the problem still there please let me know.

• selcuk

selcuk - 2018-02-03

Just updated component but the same result above...

• Subhra Das Gupta

If possible, please post the url of the webpage containing the video

• selcuk

selcuk - 2018-02-04

Please find the URL below,
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCRXfMmjNow

Also the screenshot of temp of xdman in the attached file...

• Subhra Das Gupta

Are you using 32 bit linux?
              I fixed a bug in additional components for 32 bit linux just now.
              Could you please update the components and test if the problem is resolved now?

• selcuk

selcuk - 2018-02-04

Yes.. 32 bit..and then updated component again... it is OK finally..

Thank you for help..

• jackuars

jackuars - 2018-02-01

Thanks for this amazing update. Now this is as good as EagleGet and IDM. Except for one fact, where is the batch downloading feature that the site advertises? Couldn't find it out.

• Subhra Das Gupta

Due to a bug batch download is not working in current version. will be fixed on next release

• jackuars

jackuars - 2018-02-01

Thanks for the quick support. Hoping to see an update soon because I download a lot of study materials through batch download and would like to have it fixed soon.

• Subhra Das Gupta

you are not supposed to use XDM hook. you should install the extension from xdm's browser monitoring page

• jackuars

jackuars - 2018-02-02

Hi Subro,

I have great hopes for XDM. But the problem now i face is slow download speeds of XDM and that's the reason I have not made the big switch from my current download manager. Here is a test file for comparison: http://speedtest-ny.turnkeyinternet.net/100mb.bin

EagleGet downloads the file in 2min but it takes 3min & 20sec for XDM to finish it. I have set the max.threads for both to 32.

Do you think you can optimize the download engine for better speed? Because this has been the same since version 4 (when I started using it)

• Subhra Das Gupta

It seem for some type of internet connection XDMs network settings are not optimized. From next version XDM will by default use system default settings. users can also be able to select option to optimize settings as well

• jackuars

jackuars - 2018-02-05

Thanks. I will test the new version of XDM and will give you the feedback. I see that it's already out there.

<< < 1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 2 of 4)