This is the summary of what's new in this release. Or you can go straight to [Download_xCAT].
New Function and Changes in Behavior
- The -t flag of the genimage command has been deprecated. Use a postinstall script to replace/modify the /etc/fstab files as you like.
- Add interactive mode for genimage command, the new flag is --interactive.
- HPC integration updates for new HPC product versions & packaging.
- SLES 11 SP2 support (experimental)
- Linux postscripts logic clean up:
- Move the creation of the mypostscript file from /tmp/mypostscript to /xcatpost/mypostscript
- Extract the common code for generating the mypostscript file and make it common across all scripts under /opt/xcat/share/xcat/install/scripts
- Add timestamps on the running of the postscripts and start and stop headers in /var/log/xcat/xcat.log
- Writing xcat.log in stream like mode
- xcatchroot command output the messages printed by the command runs in chroot environment.
- configiba.* scripts enhancements to determine the number of IB interfaces automatically.
- Support for installing/updating SLES SDK packages using updatenode for SLES diskful nodes.
Key Bugs Fixed
See the xCAT 2.7.1 SourceForge bugs.
Restrictions and Known Problems
- SLES 11 SP2 support is currently experimental.
- The p775 support in this release has not yet been fully tested.