I got some trouble with AC_SEARCH_HEADERS in alocal.m4.
1. deafult include dirs are searched as well
2. even for those a -I is added to CPPFLAGS
3. my gcc 3.2 issues a warning
4. HAVE_LINUX_IF_TUN_H is not set although it is there
5. vtun does not work (at least not with my devfs)
Easy way would be to suppress those warnings, but I
think that's not a good idea. Instead you should IMHO
change AC_SEARCH_HEADERS. I did something like:
if test "$ac_hdr_found" = "yes" ; then
/* do we need a -I for $p ? */
AC_MSG_RESULT( [($p) yes] )
ifelse([$3], , :,[$3])
but the output of this looks poor, and perhaps an
AC_CHECK_HEADER should precede any AC_TEST_FILES to
save some work. Because this is the first time i even
had a closer look at autoconf, I leave this up to you
instead of posting a patch...
Oh yes, some other minor issue: I get 20 shift/reduce
conflicts in cfg_file.y, grouped 4,8,8. They all look
OK, so I changed %expect to 20.
Log in to post a comment.