Menu

RTSP source filter: "Failed to Load"

Frank H
2015-08-19
2015-08-21
  • Frank H

Frank H - 2015-08-19

Hey,

When I try to open an .URL or enter a URL in Graphstudio (also tried Graphedit) it comes with the error "Failed to Load Cannot open file", and the filter doesn't show the pins. I have installed the filters with the VideoProcessingProjectInstaller.msi. I can open the same URL in VLC without a problem. Hope somebody could help me with this problem.

-Frank

• Ralf Globisch

Ralf Globisch - 2015-08-19

Hi Frank,

It's likely that the source filter does not support one or more of the media types in the SDP.
    In that case IFileSourceFilter::Load returns an error code and you'll see that bheaviour.

What media types is the content?

• Frank H

Frank H - 2015-08-20

Hi Ralf,

It is an IP camera with H264 (no sound). But I'm correct to say that both this RTSP filter and the one of VLC are based on live555, so both should work the same?

• Ralf Globisch

Ralf Globisch - 2015-08-20

It is an IP camera with H264 (no sound).

Ok, H.264 is supported by the filter with one currently known issue that I'm aware of and that is that it stopped connecting to the Win7 MS DTV Decoder filter at some point. Something in the media type negotation for MEDIASUBTYPE_H264 changed on the windows side and it didn't connect to our RTSP source filter any more. I've been planning to update the media type to MEDIA_SUBTYPE_AVC1 but haven't got to it yet.
    I don't think this is your problem though as in that case you wouldn't see an error on loading the filter and it would have output pins.

But I'm correct to say that both this RTSP filter and the one of VLC are based on live555, so both should work the same?

They both use live555, perhaps different versions? I haven't updated the live555 version in a while.

If you're able to debug with Visual Studio, you could see where either the RTSP exchange is failing, or if there's bug in the RTSP source filter e.g. in setting the pin media type. Another option would be to sniff the RTSP exchange with wireshark to see what's happening on that side i.e. how far along does it get: OPTIONS -> DESCRIBE -> SETUP -> PLAY.

Alternatively if the IP camera is accessible publicly, I could take a look, but it's likely on a private network....

• Frank H

Frank H - 2015-08-21

Hi,
      Thanks for the response. My knowledge about C++ and VS is limited (that might be the problem too). So, the last part I'm unable to perform. I will try for I while otherwise I will start using a VLC instance in my code. Thanks again