Menu

Windows 10 1903 random system freezing while using VeraCrypt's system encryption

2019-09-27
2024-10-06
<< < 1 .. 20 21 22 (Page 22 of 22)
  • Jay

Jay - 2024-05-20

I've noticed another problem, every time I get a BSOD, there will be no mini dump file and in my event viewer, it says "Crash dump initialization failed!"

• Turbo Turtle

Turbo Turtle - 2024-08-16

tl;dr

Just put a lot of RAM in your computer and then disable windows page file
    OR disable your antivirus
    Personally I went with the lots of ram + no page file route, because I like having antivirus

That is the best fix we are gonna have for a while

• Jay

Jay - 2024-08-16

Hi, I'm running windows 10 with page file enabled, as some programs I use freak out with no page file and I have 64GB ram, and my windows is installed as MBR, and not GPT, and my biggest problem was the microcode issue I had with my Intel i9 Gen14 CPU, and that have been patched months ago in my bios update, everything seems 100% stable now, for all I know the culprit might have been the microcode issue in my CPU all this time...

Last edit: Jay 2024-08-16
  • Robert iXj Smith

Just a quick follow up, for details you can follow my old posts. Zero issues with lockups to date, now migrated to SSD using VC 1.26.7 with RAM encryption.

Details:

Migrated 4 Acer desktops without issue, no lock ups to date on SSD on Win 11 Home. They have a mix of DRAM 12GB, two with 16, and 32. One W11 laptop on bitlocker drive encryption.

I upgraded 2 identical model Acer TC 885 desktops that were completely trouble free on VC using mechanical HD, from Windows 10 Home to W11 Home on April 2024 by first permanently decrypting the system drive.

After 2 weeks testing W11 unencrypted, I updated box ONE to Veracrypt 1.26.7 on the HD for testing.

I migrated box TWO decrypted system to an in-box installed M.2 Samsung SSD 970 using the Magician migration tool.

After 1 week of testing, VC on ONE as trouble free, the box TWO SSD was encrypted with VC 1.26.7 .

After 1 week of testing box TWO, I migrated the VC encrypted box ONE on a HD to another Samsung SSD 970 directly, without decrypting. The SSD would not boot. I decrypted box ONE HD and transferred that system to the SSD with Magician.

After another week of testing, I migrated two other Acer TC desktops to SSD on May 2024.

In June, 2024, on box had RAM encryption turned on. After 1 week of testing, all the remaining Acer desktops have RAM encryption turned on.

Today August, 2024 all are trouble free VC installs on Samsung SSDs, no lock ups with VC 1.26.7 and after multiple Win11 pushed updates since April 2024.

The only big issue already known is a reduction in native SSD speed using VC on SSDs; while far faster than the HD, r/w are marked reduced, see jpg.

For comparison see bitlocker drive encryption on Win Home speed reduction.

Last edit: Robert iXj Smith 2024-08-17
    • user404

user404 - 2024-08-18

you walked through a minefield and never stepped on a mine.. what do you mean by that? that there are no mines? but the presence of mines is documented, it is known where they are, how to step on them and how to get around them. no further research is required, just need to find a sapper who will defuse the mines.
      it's surprising that no one else needed the project except the end users. even journalists didn't chip in a dollar to hire a programmer to fix it

• Robert iXj Smith

I presume the issue with speed, as mentioned in past posts, would be a major and substantial version update .

• DDD

DDD - 2024-10-02

Is there still no progress on this issue? I mean, it's probably not good to use Microsoft Windows anymore because of AI going through everyone's files and examining the content, so that the search engine can give an answer to the user who is looking for that pic or vid with this or that sort of content.
    But it seems like a small issue with this issue with the pagefile.

• Enigma2Illusion

Enigma2Illusion - 2024-10-03

• DDD

DDD - 2024-10-06

Ok, thanks for your response. You're right. I'm happy with all that everyone contributes, for sure. Money is the answer to all things. Money answers everything. For everything else, there's MasterCard.

<< < 1 .. 20 21 22 (Page 22 of 22)