Menu

Database annotation to support JNDI lookup

2010-03-16
2013-03-05
  • Venkatt Guhesan

Venkatt Guhesan - 2010-03-16

I noticed that in the Database class you can annotate the database connection parameters. Do you plan on adding one to support a data-pool mapped via a JNDI name. So I can say "jdbc/MyDatabase". This will make it viable for enterprises where the application server\container manages the connection and the passwords may be different in test vs production.

• Pavel Ponec

Pavel Ponec - 2010-03-16

there are three ways how to manage a database connection:

* @Db(user="sa", password="xxx", jdbcUrl="jdbc:h2:mem:db1" …)

* @Db(jndi="jdbc/MyDatabase", …)

* create database connection dynamically
           (see http://ujoframework.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=orm_faq)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-08-15

I haven't checked other application servers but with JBoss AS7 I get the error as quoted below when connected via JNDI. 
    I think that perhaps it would be nice to be able to skip the part where it sets autocommit to false (perhaps via @Db annotation argument) because, well, normally we don't have autocommit set to true by default.  Regardless, any operations that might break the EJB specification might consider true/false option.

Thanks

22:16:35,204 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase....] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-3) Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception: java.sql.SQLException: You cannot set autocommit during a managed transaction!
    at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.BaseWrapperManagedConnection.setJdbcAutoCommit(BaseWrapperManagedConnection.java:888)
    at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.WrappedConnection.setAutoCommit(WrappedConnection.java:715)
    at org.ujorm.orm.metaModel.MetaDatabase.createConnection(MetaDatabase.java:769)
    at org.ujorm.orm.Session.getConnection_(Session.java:669)
    at org.ujorm.orm.Session.getConnection(Session.java:697)
    at org.ujorm.orm.Session.getStatement(Session.java:707)
    at org.ujorm.orm.Session.getRowCount(Session.java:577)
    at org.ujorm.orm.Query.getCount(Query.java:134)

• Pavel Ponec

Pavel Ponec - 2012-08-20

Hi, see the small bug fixi at revision:1291 in the SVN repository.
    Send me a message please, if the solution is sufficient now.