Menu

"Pistol" map

Onsemeliot
2015-10-08
2015-10-08
  • Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2015-10-08

Hi Andrei,

I think "Pistol" has potential. I only feel it odd to have curves on a plain surface without any obvious reason. (Its the same problem I see with "Arizona" fom Jack.)

In addition The road is rather narrow. But I like the "sandy" corners. I would define them as loose sand or loose earth, but I think gravel is to forgiving - or probably to similar to the racing tarmac. Or if you want to have gravel I would change the color map in order to get a closer fit between the defined material and optical impression.

Pistol would be a better fit for a formular 1 racing game. In my opinion it lacks the main characteristics of a rally race because of its flatness. (Some other Trigger Rally maps share the same characteristics and I feel similar there.)

• Andrei

Andrei - 2015-10-08

I am not happy with this map, mostly due to the very poor heightmap. Which is why it started its life as a plugin, and will probably remain there forever.

Pistol would be a better fit for a formular 1 racing game. In my opinion it lacks the main characteristics of a rally race because of its flatness.

Indeed it is supposed to be reminiscent of a Formula 1 race, but in my opinion it can easily pass as a rally cross circuit, especially if gravel shortcuts are added. Anyway, in its current form "Pistol" is meant to be a flat speed map just like "Monza".