SVN problems

Help
P�r
2010-10-16
2013-04-06
  • P�r

P�r - 2010-10-16

Hi,

I'm very new to SVN, so perhaps this is a very basic question.
    However I'm having problems creating an eclipse project from SVN. I have installed the Helios version of eclipse and the SVN plug-in. I try to create a SVN project (file->new Project->SVN->Project from SVN. As USL I'm using "https://timeslottracker.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/timeslottracker",  using "Use the repository URL as the label". Then using Head Revision and the finish.
    Then Check Our As, "Check our as project configured using the New Project Wisard->Finish. From the Select a wizard dialogue I choose Java Project->Next->I just give the project name as TimeSlotTracker (JRE = JavaSE-1.6). I define a new Master Password. The I get the following Error:

Checkout operation for 'https://timeslottracker.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/timeslottracker' failed.
    svn: Cannot rename file 'C:\Users\Developer\workspace2\TimeSlotTracker\source\trunk\resources\META-INF\.svn\tmp\entries' to 'C:\Users\Developer\workspace2\TimeSlotTracker\source\trunk\resources\META-INF\.svn\entries'

Please Help!

• Glazachev Andrey

Good day, Psydartraxx.

You can checkout project manually (for example: via command line - svn co …). In Trunk folder you can find .project file, and open it in eclipse.

What about your error, I use eclipse, but do not use feature "create project from svn".
    Maybe it will help, try URL: https://timeslottracker.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/timeslottracker/source

• Zbigniew Ogledzki

Hi psydatraxx,

The option "create from svn/cvs/another virtual-file-system" is usefull when you have sources without tool's files. As Cnitsa said - there should be ".project" file and you should just check-out files and then open project.

But.. I'm not sure the problem is in option you used. If svn cannot rename file maybe there is a file-permission problem? Or maybe there is no path you want checkout files into?

regards, zgibek

• P�r

P�r - 2010-10-17

Thanks!
    With command line svn I managed to get the source home, however when I try to run the project I get the following error:
    Exception in thread "main" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name TimeSlotTracker, locale sv_SE
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Unknown Source)
    at net.sf.timeslottracker.Starter.<init>(Starter.java:132)
    at net.sf.timeslottracker.Starter.main(Starter.java:541)

Also I get 347 warnings, is that Ok? At least the first 100 seems to be similar:

Description Resource Path Location Type
    ArrayList is a raw type. References to generic type ArrayList<E> should be parameterized DaysTree.java /TimeSlotTracker/resources/java/net/sf/timeslottracker/gui/layouts/classic/tasksbydays line 256 Java Problem

(ArrayList is replaced in the errors)

BR Pär

• Glazachev Andrey

Hi, Psydatraxx .

What about warnings it's ok.

In TST we do not have bundle for sv_SE, should be used EN.
    Do you run program via "ant run"?

• P�r

P�r - 2010-10-19

Thanks!

I tried to run using the run menu in eclipse, that didn't work. When I selected the build.xml and did "ant run", then I can run! :)