Menu

errors with pdf

Help
2008-07-02
2013-05-02
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Greetings,

I have been attempting to use TAB for around 1 year now to create a personnel directory. In that time, I have run into various problems that have mostly been solved here in the forums. This latest release seems to have corrected the problems I have encountered along the way but now, with all of my past issues out of the way i am not able to generate the pdf file. instead, i get a bunch of warnings followed by a very long string of what looks to be raw code.

here is what i see when i attempt to make the pdf:

Notice: Undefined index: phone1 in /var/www/tab3/plugins/PDFbook/pdfbook.php on line 85

Notice: Undefined index: phone2 in /var/www/tab3/plugins/PDFbook/pdfbook.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined index: phone1 in /var/www/tab3/plugins/PDFbook/pdfbook.php on line 85

Notice: Undefined index: phone2 in /var/www/tab3/plugins/PDFbook/pdfbook.php on line 88

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/tab3/plugins/PDFbook/pdfbook.php:85) in /var/www/tab3/lib/pdf/class.pdf.php on line 1949

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/tab3/plugins/PDFbook/pdfbook.php:85) in /var/www/tab3/lib/pdf/class.pdf.php on line 1950

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/tab3/plugins/PDFbook/pdfbook.php:85) in /var/www/tab3/lib/pdf/class.pdf.php on line 1952
    %PDF-1.3 %���� 1 0 obj << /Type /Catalog /Outlines 2 0 R /Pages 3 0 R /OpenAction 11 0 R >> endobj 2 0 obj << /Type /Outlines /Count 0 >> endobj 3 0 obj << /Type /Pages /Kids [6 0 R 13 0 R ] /Count 2 /Resources << /ProcSet 4 0 R /Font << /F1 9 0 R /F2 10 0 R /F3 12 0 R >> /XObject << /I1 15 0 R /I2 16 0 R /I3 17 0 R /I4 18 0 R /I5 19 0 R /I6 20 0 R /I7 21 0 R >> >> /MediaBox [0.000 0.000 595.280 841.8bout 90] >> endobj 4 0 obj [/PDF /Text /ImageC ] endobj 5 0 obj << /Creator (R and OS php pdf writer, http://www.ros.co.nz\) /CreationDate (D:20080702) >> endobj 6 0 obj << /Type /Page /Parent 3 0 R /Contents [ 7 0 R 8 0 R ] >> endobj 7 0 obj << /Filter /FlateDecode /Length 1405 >> stream xœmXËŽ%5 Ý߯ȝŽy± ØýÌ0˜i~»b»nåΦ[åNìããc'éÛ·’[)©ä?ùñµ¤Ï7®Ç7#å2Kz—˜;ÖD-Oè‰f¤™tQâÞ2

This seems to be the last obstacle in finally being able to use TAB for the purpose I have had in mind for a while now. Any help with how to solve this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help and as always, thank you for the hard work with the TAB project.

Regards

• Nobody/Anonymous

Anyone on this. I am also receiving this error.

Thanks

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ok, the "raw code" is the actual PDF. The warnings effectively prevent the PDF from being displayed properly by adobe reader.

Download and replace this file:
      http://tab-2.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tab-2/trunk/plugins/PDFbook/pdfbook.php

Hope that helps.

• Nobody/Anonymous

thank you for your reply.
      the link seems to be unavailable.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Works for me. SVN service is sometimes down on SF.
      Use the Bowse SVN menu above to see the most up to date code.

• katzlbt

katzlbt - 2008-07-18

I posted a new release that should have many bugs fixed.

• Nobody/Anonymous

i tried the download for pdfbook again today and it was available.
      it worked, thank you anon.
      however, i have discovered that in the "notes" section for each entry, you can list a lot of data but when you create the pdf, none of that data is there in the pdf as it appears when you save the data and are viewing the entry in the browser.

i'll try the latest release per katzlbt's suggestion and hope that issue is cleared.

thanks for the help.

• Nobody/Anonymous

afterthought: maybe the "notes" data is not supposed to appear in the pdf file? can someone clarify please?

regards.

• katzlbt

katzlbt - 2008-07-20

In the newest TABR Notes is always HTML and not printable as PDF. PDF is fairly incompatible with UTF-8 fonts too, so most countries cannot even print normal records in PDF. This makes PDF a module with *big* limitations.

I wonder when bowser designers add some reasonable printing support.

• Nobody/Anonymous

thank you for answering.
      your work is appreciated.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hallo

I have another problem while generating the PDFbook. An error occured, see screenshot at http://193.190.204.79/pdfbook_error.gif.

Thanks in advance

• Tobias

Tobias - 2009-05-28

Looks nasty... did you try another pdf-reader than acrobat? He might be somewhat more generous with information about the drawing error.. :-)