samsung wave installation

Help
Mateusz
2011-06-23
2013-05-28
  • Mateusz

Mateusz - 2011-06-23

Hello,
    I found this interesting software which is smartcam.
    I installed it on my pc, but i had no idea how to put it into my smart phone with samsung bada os.
    I heard , that i need Bada SDK, so i installed it and tried to run this program there, but it doesn't work.
    On the website i can see, that smartcam works on samsung bada, so how to install it?

I am sure that thousands of people would like to know this answer, becouse samsung bada os, have no webcam software

thanks

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-07-25

Theoretically, you just need the .jar file, which you copy on the wave memory and then install (like any java soft).

I Am still struggling to make it work via WiFi. The Bluetooth mode connects (OS on PC is Windows 7, Samsung Wave: Bada 1.2), but then (when allowing Internet access) the following error occurs:

"javax.microedition.media.MediaException: Requested format is not supported
    Msg: Requested format is not supported
    SmartCam will now exit!"

I have no idea what I do wrong, any help will be appreciated!

• Ronny

Ronny - 2011-07-26

Hi,

I compiled a BADA version of SmartCam for Bada 1.2. You can download and test it with you Samsung Wave.
    The topic: http://www.badanation.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=19133#p19133

greets

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-07-30

Thanks, catscratchxy!

I checked the version you compiled, but after trying to connect from the wave I see "connecting" for about a second and then the app just closes. Is there any way to do this with a program "watching" the phone and upload some kind of bug report?

Bada 1.2, latest Vodafone FW in Germany runs on the Wave I.

• Ronny

Ronny - 2011-07-30

Try first to connect your phone via bluetooth with your Windows. After that, start the smartcam software and try to connect. But maybe its buggy. You should ask the developer. Hopefully he reads this thread. :-)

• AhmadKasra

AhmadKasra - 2011-08-24

when i can find pc application?
    i have program on my phone i want its server that i install on pc
    please help me
    i cant find it
    thank u

• AhmadKasra

AhmadKasra - 2011-08-24

yes thank u thats it

• Elliene

Elliene - 2017-05-16

I have Samsung wave 3, so where can i find ready to install smartcam bada app?.
    Or if i download smartcam bada 1.4 source zip pack from here, how do i "compile" those source files?