Menu

7-Zip 21.06

2021-11-25
2021-12-27
<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)
  • str()

str() - 2021-12-03

I understand, change just requires adaptation.

Thanks for the great software.

• Felipe

Felipe - 2021-12-04

7zip can't identify properly the program files folder in the brazilian portuguese version of windows 10, when i unpack a compressed file in the program files folder (it happens on both x64 or x32 folders) the name of the folder is displayed in english by 7zip instead of brazilian portuguese).

The error message displayed is: "Cannot open the output file: The system can't find the specified file"

Last edit: Felipe 2021-12-04
    • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2021-12-05

Please describe all steps to reproduce that problem.
      Also you can show screenshot.

• Felipe

Felipe - 2021-12-05

Step 1 - Uncompress a file to the folde Arquivos de Programas (Program Files in Portuguese)

Step 2 - An error message appears (i changed the language of 7zip to english so you can see it) see the error below.

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2112051959160292.jpg

That's the error message, also the name of the file in the background isnt displayed, that's another problem i didnt see before.

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2021-12-05

Program Files folder is protected by Windows for writing operations.

• Felipe

Felipe - 2021-12-06

Igor - I see, but that doesnt explain why winrar works without any problems when uncompressing files there.

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2021-12-06

Probably winrar asks you the rights to write that folder.
      You can run 7-Zip File Manager via menu with administrator rights for that operation .

• Felipe

Felipe - 2021-12-06

I changed to run as admin in properties, thanks for all your help with this and for your program too.

• teoberi

teoberi - 2021-12-12

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2021-12-13

We need full compatibility of source code with all possible combinations:
      ML / ML64 / old Asmc / new Asmc / Windows / Linux.

• teoberi

teoberi - 2021-12-13

ASMC64 version 2.33.20 solve the problem for -elf64 argument.
    Modification for 7zAsm.asm is also required (see here).
    There is only one warning left when compiling:

Assembling: ../../../../Asm/x86/AesOpt.asm
    ../../../../Asm/x86/AesOpt.asm(6) : warning A8005: IF[n]DEF expects a plain symbol as argument : ifdef ymm0
    "-- NO VAES 256"
    "x86-64"
    "ABI : LINUX"

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2021-12-13
      if @wordsize eq 8

doesn't work with MASM.
      we want the code that is compatible with any assembler program.

• teoberi

teoberi - 2021-12-13

@nidud says it's OK like that.
    Without modification for 7zAsm.asm with Asmc64 does not compile, same error for AesOpt.asm.
    With modification for 7zAsm.asm I can compile with UASM and the error for AesOpt.asm does not appear.
    Then another solution is needed.
    Asmc64 is promising but if no other solution is found I will stick to UASM (although the development of UASM is a bit problematic in the sense that updates are quite rare and the compilation in Linux has been broken for a long time).

Last edit: teoberi 2021-12-13
  • teoberi

teoberi - 2021-12-13

The solution proposed by @nidud for ASMC64 to solve problems with 7zAsm.asm and AesOpt.asm here.

• Marshall

Marshall - 2021-12-15

I don't really like the lack of MASM assembler dialect support on Linux. The assemblers are difficult to build from scratch. I don't know much about assembler programming, but is there a reason why the asm source files aren't written in a dialect supported by let's say NASM?

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2021-12-15

asm code for x86 was developed for 7-Zip Windows that is default with Microsoft compiler tools and masm.
      Then when I already had asm-masm code, I tried to get simplest way to compile same masm-style source code for linux.

But it's another situation for arm64.
      arm64 code for linux is more priority task than for Windows-arm64, while Windows-arm64 systems are low share. So gnu assembler was used for 7-Zip-ARM64 code. And I want to find some way to compile that ARM GNU Asssembler code for Windows-ARM64.

Last edit: Igor Pavlov 2021-12-15
  • Anantharaman G

Anantharaman G - 2021-12-27

Hi Igor,
    Kindly consider providing seven zip binaries as portable standalone console version for ARM64 architecture.

<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)