Menu

7-Zip 15.09 beta

2015-10-16
2015-11-01
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-10-19

The problem only for executable files (EXE DLL) in max/ultra mode, where 7-Zip uses 4 threads: BCJ2, LZMA2, LZMA, LZMA.
    And it must select one of these threads for progress bar.
    for 9.38 - it was LZMA2 thread.
    for 15.09 - it's BCJ2 thread that works before LZMA2 thread.
    There were some reasons to change it.

• Timon

Timon - 2015-10-20

Don't know where to write, decided to write here.
    Thanx for a great app.

If we'll look at http://www.7-zip.org/links.html at Applications that work with .7z archives:
    Total Commander
    - 7Zip Plugin from Adam Strzelecki
    - MutiArc Plugin with 7z supporting
    - 7z Plugin from Alexander Cherenkov
    One more plugin is missed in that list - Total7Zip - http://totalcmd.net/plugring/Total7zip.html

But I decided to update Total7Zip 0.8.5.6 plugin that could be found on all forums. It was build on very old 7-zip 9.22 beta version. Last update of that plugin was previously done by developer at 20.11.2012 (almost 3 years ago!!!).

Updated Total7Zip plugin based on current 7-zip 15.09 beta version (both 32 and 64 bit versions)
    Updated plugin could be found here http://www.filedropper.com/wcxtotal7zipupdatedtill7zip1509
    File size - 2,9 Mb

If you have any doubt about my updated plugin, you can do it yourself. Update could be done very easy. Plugin uses original 7-zip files, and you can use the latest version of 7-zip to update the plug-in (information could be found in readme.rtf file in plugin folder). So you need to unpack 32 and 64-bit files and language folder from 7Zip setups into corresponding folders of plugin (not all, of course, but only those that are necessary).

Why I decicded to do that and what Total7Zip plugin update gave to us?
    Now we can unpack many new archive formats, that 7-Zip 15.09 now support:
    - extract .zipx (WinZip) archives that use xz compression.
    - extract GPT images and single file QCOW2, VMDK, VDI images.
    - extract solid WIM archives with LZMS compression.
    - extract ext3 and ext4 (Linux file system) images.
    - extract ext2 and multivolume VMDK images.
    - and huge number of bugs was fixed.

By the way, that plugins could be used not only in Total Commander, but also in FreeCommnader XE and Double Commander

And why Igor made his plugin only for Far manager? May be it's time to make plugin for other file managers and there would be no need in third party plugins (most of them work not so good as they should and were not supported for years)...

Forgot to say, that Bandizip could be also added to the list of apps that work with .7z archives http://www.bandisoft.com/bandizip/

Last edit: Timon 2015-10-20
    • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-10-20

1) I use FAR Manager myself. So that plugin for FAR is important for me..
      2) Third-party GUI file managers are not interesting for me. I have own GUI file manager - 7-Zip File Manager. And I don't plan to write plugins for some Commanders.

• Timon

Timon - 2015-10-20

Thanks for the answer about third-party GUI file managers.

P.S. I only hope that on Links page info would be updated.

Last edit: Timon 2015-10-20
  • Jonathan

Jonathan - 2015-10-20

v15 not fully support the non-standard .VHD format file. IF .vhd file is built by VirtualBox or VMware, 7-zip can view one .img file inside only(built by Microsoft .VHD format no problem). most common emu CD programs or editior can view .vhd normally (such as UltraISO, PowerISO, WinImage.......)

Last edit: Jonathan 2015-10-20
    • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-10-21

Please create SMALL example of such vhd with problem and attach here (compressed) or give me the link to download.

• Jonathan

Jonathan - 2015-10-21

the right-side error message means "cannot mount image"
        i'm using or tested on win10ent or Win7ent, i got the same problem
        8GB ram
        win7 using standard BIOS motherboard
        win10 using UEFI BIOS motherboard

tiny arrow

Last edit: Jonathan 2015-10-21
        • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-10-22

That archive needs parent archive
          {91d87c08-104d-4d16-b595-13d42f5f7b67}.vhd
          If that parent file is stored in another folder
          D:\VirtualBox VMs\Win10_TEST\Snapshots\ then 7-Zip can't find it.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-10-21

Dear Igor,
    I noticed today that md5 was not present in checksums. Whilst it is deprecated in crypto applications it is still a good file hashing algorithm and widely used for that. Many websites still tell you md5 values for their ISOs and what else.

Please consider adding md5 to checksums.

Greetings
    EJ

• Jonás Perusquía Morales

For me it is very useful that 7-Zip support Windows XP because I am a ReactOS user/tester.

http://reactos.org

• synchronicity

synchronicity - 2015-10-28

Hi Igor,

There is a bug in the solid WIM support that causes garbage data to be extracted when a stream spans a chunk boundary, and that stream has more than one reference. I think that in WimIn.cpp, just before the following code...:

if (cur > rem)
        cur = (size_t)rem;

RINOK(WriteStream(outStream, unpackBuf.Data + offsetInChunk, cur));

... this line should be added:

cur -= offsetInChunk;

The problem occurs when a stream duplication causes 7-Zip to decompress chunk 'n', then chunk 'n + 1', then chunk 'n' again as it steps backwards to read the duplicate stream again. It thinks it can write more bytes from the chunk than are really available.

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-10-28

Yes, I'll fix this BUG in next version.
      Thanks for report!!!

• NIkolai

NIkolai - 2015-10-30

Hey, i dont want to be THAT guy, but could be possible that you updated the stable version? the current one is 9.20 from 2010.

Thanks

• john lee

john lee - 2015-10-30

Just read the forum!

• NIkolai

NIkolai - 2015-10-30

i know less or more the position of igor about stable versions. but some people would like to have a really stable version with everything tested and working from time to time and in this case this program is as good as 5 years old.
    i dont know very much about programming but maybe a month or two of testing a certain version without adding anything that could mess it, just focusing in bugs, could be called stable.

• gora2

gora2 - 2015-11-01

Игорь, опечатка во встроенных справках консольных архиваторов (лишняя закрывающая квадратная скобка)

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)