2021-07-02
2021-07-02
  • Peter Noble

Peter Noble - 2021-07-02

Please help me to install the browser asap
    thanks

• Neil Suffield

Neil Suffield - 2021-07-02

I have had the same issue. A client is saying that 30 students are in the same position. Something wrong with public key for WebView2_Bootstrapper?

Last edit: Neil Suffield 2021-07-02
  • Peter Noble

Peter Noble - 2021-07-02

then wht to do i hae an exam tomorrow / any idea?

• Damian Büchel

Damian Büchel - 2021-07-02

Also, there is a log file of the installation linked within the error message which contains the exact reason of failure.

• Neil Suffield

Hi Damian, I think that most students installing the software won't be tech savvy and will also probably be in quite a stressed state as they are about to take an exam - they therefore might not be in the right frame of mind to pick through and interpret a log file.
    I'm not familiar with Windows installation packages but my interpretation of the log file is that there is an issue with the certs which therefore might be a temporary. Would you say that this is correct?

Last edit: Neil Suffield 2021-07-02
  • Damian Büchel

I will look into the issue regarding the WebView2 dependency, we just received another report with the same message, so it might be that MSFT updated their installer (yet again).

Regarding exams, we highly recommend that all necessary information is provided to students in good time so that they have enough headroom to set up their computers and install all required software without any pressure. Furthermore, especially if you're performing remote exams, it would make a lot of sense to first perform a test exam in order to verify that everything works as expected.

• Damian Büchel

Microsoft has indeed updated the installer for WebView2. We'll fix the issue and publish it asap, in the meantime you can install the WebView2 bootstrapper manually and then attempt to install SEB again.

Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=2124703

• Neil Suffield

Hi Damian, yes, you're absolutely right about having people install things in a timely manner and testing. We inform our clients to do so.

Thanks for letting me know about the installer.

Last edit: Neil Suffield 2021-07-05
  • Damian Büchel

We fixed the issue in the installer, it should work now with build version 3.2.0.338: https://safeexambrowser.org/download_en.html