Moodle - Deeper integration SEB - PC/macOS

Help
AB
2021-03-15
2021-03-15
  • AB

AB - 2021-03-15

Hi,

I have just started testing the deep integration of SEB into Moodle.

I notice that the manual configuration of SEB in Moodle only makes an exam functional for W10. I can also use macOS but on Mac I am able to capture the screen (to make a video).

Is it possible to have BYOD exams with both Macs and PCs just by using the manual configuration, or should I use "Yes - use SEB client config" and provide a file for W10 and a file for macOS?

Regards,

• Daniel Schneider

Hi,

I guess you're using macOS 10.15(.7) Catalina? I realized that the new macOS single app/lockdown/kiosk Assessment Mode/AAC doesn't stop the macOS built-in screen recording on macOS 10.15.7 Catalina. On macOS 11(.2.2), when screen recording is running, SEB doesn't display any windows or just a grey rectangle, but you can still press cmd-Q to quit SEB.

So this is obviously a bug in the macOS Assessment Mode. As a workaround in SEB 2.3, you would need to create a configuration with the setting Preferences / Security / "Use Assessment Mode (AAC) if available" disabled (settings key enableAAC = false). In Moodle you can use "Yes - upload your own config". You can use the same config file also for SEB for Windows. The Preferences window in SEB 2.3 for Mac offers all settings of the Windows version as well.

I will release an SEB 2.3.1 for macOS update to fix this issue directly in SEB as well, as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

• AB

AB - 2021-03-15

Thank you, ye syou right i'am on Catalina.

• AB

AB - 2021-03-15

Thank you, ye syou right i'am on Catalina.