Scaffold Hunter is written completely in Java, therefore no installation
is required to run the application. Simply download the Scaffold Hunter
ZIP archive from the website and extract it somewhere on your computer
(e.g., in case you have admin rights, C:\Program Files\ScaffoldHunter on
Windows or /opt/scaffoldhunter on Unix/Linux/Mac, or alternatively in any
Starting Scaffold Hunter
To launch Scaffold Hunter, simply run the supplied start-script (run.cmd
on Windows or run.sh on Unix/Linux/Mac). If you want to work with large
data sets, you can increase the maximum memory available for Scaffold
Hunter by editing the start-script. Please refer to the manual contained
in the ZIP archive for further information.
Running the Scaffold Hunter Demo
The demo mode is a one click solution to try out Scaffold Hunter on an
included data set with pre-configured views and settings. In order to use
the demo mode, download the demo package and proceed with the installation
as described above. Afterwards, run the demo start-script (run-demo.cmd
on Windows or run-demo.sh on Unix/Linux/Mac).
* CPU: A CPU with at least 2 GHz is recommended to run the program.
* RAM: At least 2 GB must be available to the Java Virtual Machine
running the program. 4 GB are recommended for full functionality.
* Hard Disk: 70 MB of free space are sufficient to store the program
and the database connections. Imported datasets require additional
* Display: A display with a resolution of at least 1280x1024 is
* JRE: A Java VM supporting Java SE 7 code is required to run the
program. Please refer to http://www.java.com for installation
instructions concerning Java.
* Database: Scaffold Hunter comes with HSQLDB which is sufficient
to store small personal data sets. For productive use a MySQL/MariaDB
server is recommended. Please refer to https://www.mysql.com or
https://mariadb.org for installation instructions concerning