Menu

SASUnit - test/validation documentation

Anonymous
2024-04-29
2024-09-11
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-04-29

Hello
    Not sure if my first email did reach you, so I’ll try again.
    My name is Henrik Lissau. I am a senior non-clinical programmer at Novo Nordisk.
    In my department, we are considering using SASUnit for unit testing of our standard SAS programs.
    Since we are a pharmaceutical company, there are certain requirements we must comply with in relation to using open source software.
    Therefore, I would like to know if you have any kind of documentation on how SASUnit was tested/validated and if you by any chance would share the documentation with me.
    It would make a great difference 😊
    Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance 😊

Yours sincerely
    Henrik Lissau (He/Him)
    Senior Non-clinical Programmer
    Non-clinical Data Management, R&ED Digital Science & Innovation
    4530798078 (direct)
    hlis@novonordisk.comhlis@novonordisk.com
    Novo Nordisk A/S ǀ Novo Nordisk Park ǀ DK-2760 Måløv ǀ +45 4444 8888 (switchboard) ǀ novonordisk.com
    This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the addressee(s) stated above only and may contain confidential information protected by law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorised reading, disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail or use of information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may violate rights to proprietary information. If you are not an intended recipient, please return this e-mail to the sender and delete it immediately hereafter. Thank you.

• Klaus Landwich

Klaus Landwich - 2024-04-29

Hello Henrik Lissau,

your previous e-mail did reach me. I justed hadn't the time to react yet.

From a validation point of view SASUnit is not part of your source code. So you do not need to validate it. As for any third-party tool you need an installational and operational qualification.
    This can be done by executing the sample project we deliver with SASUnit and compare it to the documentation on SourceForge or GitHub.

In case you need some documentation or are interested in our testing of SASUnit you can find all of our tests in the repository.
    We test SASUnit with sasunit test cases.
    All test scenarioes are stored here: Code Repoository

If you have further question just reach aout to me.

We moved to GitHub

Best Regards
    Klaus

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-09-10

Thanks Klaus. I'll start with that. I'll need to consult our QA on how to validate our use of SASUnit internally, so I might return with a few more questions. Hope is allright.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-09-10

Hi Klaus

Unfortunately, I don't get the same result as in the documentation, when I run the sample project. Please see attached screenshot. I have a feeling that it is due to pixels in the images being compared. Do you guys have a quick fix for this?

• Klaus Landwich

Klaus Landwich - 2024-09-11

Hi Henrik,
    I'm not 100% sure where this comes from but this is my first guess.
    Image comparison cannot be done with in SAS so we need a third party tool to conduct that job.
    It is called imageMagick. You need to install that on the machine where SASUnit is running.
    Currently SASunit support the command line interface of version 6.9.13

Including imageMagick into SASUnit at first was only to show what you can do with assertExternal.
    But then it came in quite handy.

If you cannot install that to your system then simply remove all tests with assertImage.
    There is still some proof that assertExternal is working (e.g. assertText)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-09-11
    Post awaiting moderation.
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-09-11
    Post awaiting moderation.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel