Menu

slingshot documents

2005-09-30
2013-04-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hey Henry. First thanks again for slingshot. It the friggin wealther weight champ of test tools. My question is about slingshot documents and how they work. I have an active icon which navigates to a .NET portal page with a content management system as the target within an iFrame.

When I ClickImage("button.jpg"), slingshot reloads with two documents. one which describes the portal skin(document 2) and the other which describes the embedded content (document 1).

this is cool beyond all measure and I didn't even have to clicklink(div) something fromthe All folder.

My issue is when I click any link within document 1 everything works great but slingshot reloads the UI without the Document 2 folders which traps my efforts within the iFrame document 1 construct.

Also when I attempt to run the samie steps created by slingshot the script runs great for the portal skin key/mouse strokes(document 2) but when the script transitions to the embedded stuff from (document 1) it croakes with an access denied error.

so when I navigate from portal -> content management code within the page and run my samie script it gives an OLE access denied error.

Am I missing a ClinkLink(div) somewhere in my samie script which slingshot doesn't account for? Should I just put another navigate URL in the samie script? I tried creating a list using %URLHash but I failed miserably.

I"m close dang it, but I think I need help with this slingshot document stuff.

thanks again,

Deeboh

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Deeboh,
      I'm currently in Virginia at the General Conference of the United Pentecostal Church, replying on my Treo 650.  I don't have a laptop, but I am very interested in getting to a URL that highlights this problem so that I can stomp on this pesky bug until it goes to some other dark corner of the coding universe.

Maybe I can get access to your network via  VPN?

Thanks for the kudos and
      God Bless you
      - Henry

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yikes kind of a big post for a Treo;).

Hey my man sorry for interrupting your trip. Sounds like a worthy use of your time, much more so than helping us find bugs in our web apps :D..lol.

The site is at your disposal. Being that its a test server you can beat it like a drum (at least remotely). The product is still in beta so no one will mind.

i'll shoot you an email shortly.

thanks in advance!!

John 14:5,6