Menu

Deleting single news articles

Help
2006-08-29
2012-08-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I have read other posts complaining that RSSOWL does not yet support deleting single news articles. Is this a complicated feature to add? This seems like a critical element to making the project a success. Can i get a commitment that the DELETE function will be added for the 1.2.3 update? PLEASE!!!! I don't want another aggregator...Owl is just so close!!!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Same here. I have been using other news feeder and finally started using Snarfer two or three months ago. The single item delete feature Snarfer has is a real blessing. Other than that I'm just trying OwlRSS out tonight. I just downloaded it an hour ago to see if I may like it better than Snarfer. The only complaint I have with Snarfer is it keeps reloading the same old feeds every day, and is the reason I started looking around for another RSS Reader. Can't beat that single delete feature!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2007-06-06

Please also try rssowl2 (boreal.rssowl.org)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-08-31

This feature is planned for the next major release. Thats not 1.2.3 though.

Ben

• Nobody/Anonymous

For what it's worth, I second the (e)motion. Need to be able to delete single articles.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Here's another user who miss this feature greatly after migrating over from the Abilon RSS reader. :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

now, i know why i cant delete single feed news! ;-)
      There is no feature for it! :-(

cant wait to see this feature, many thanks for your work!

• Nobody/Anonymous

One more user who is missing that feature a lot. Its one of the basic feature that will add lot ot value to the application.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Checkout boreal.rssowl.org please.

Ben