Menu

XP style

Help
2005-07-18
2012-08-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Is there any way to turn off the XP look and feel?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Sure, RSSOwl will always use the same Theme that you have set in Windows.

Just right-click into your Desktop > Properties > Appearance and change the Theme to "Windows Classic Style".

Regards,
      Ben

• Nobody/Anonymous

But in Azureus, there's something you can set in the options to disable it. Can you do that with RSSOwl?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-09-22

No you can not. Would it be of interest to have RSSOwl in classic look while the system has XP look?

Azureus is probablly offering this feature, though it is a bug in SWT. When you delete the ".manifest" files out of the bin-directory that contains the java.exe which launches RSSOwl, the classic look is used, because Windows XP is only allowing XP look for applications that come with a manifest file.

Ben

• Nobody/Anonymous

But, Azureus looks better in classic mode. I don't like how starting RSSOwl makes Azureus change to the XP style.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-09-27

Yes I know that RSSOwl might be a bit strict in this case. I already thought of an option that would allow to stop RSSOwl from addind the manifest file.

But anyways, not using XP look when XP look is enabled in the system is a real bug and RSSOwl is fixing it.

As a very dirty workaround:
            Go into the directory where java.exe and javaw.exe live that execute RSSOwl and Azureus. Find the files java.exe.manifest and javaw.exe.manifest.

Change their content to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
            <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
            <assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86" name="SWT.javaw" type="win32"/>
            <description>Standard Widget Toolkit</description>
            </assembly>

Try again.

Ben