Menu

Roma users management

Developers
2009-01-12
2013-04-29
  • Anton Troshin

Anton Troshin - 2009-01-12

Hi Luca,

I use BaseProfileMain, BaseAccountMain, BaseGroupMain as CRUDs to manage Roma web application users.  But now I cannot create neither new user nor group. "New" button does not bring up creation dialog. No exceptions in Tomcat logs. All sources are fresh and enhancement had been performed on domain classes related to users.

Thanks,
    Anton

• Luca Garulli

Luca Garulli - 2009-01-12

Hi,
      I tries the Account main CRUD and seens to work correctly (I've just created a new account). Assure to have cleaned anything.

Ciao,
      Luca Garulli

• Anton Troshin

Anton Troshin - 2009-03-02

Hi,

Coming back to this issue, I still cannot fix it, just temporarily removed Users Management out of our application.  Using firebug for firefox I can see server response on pressing New button on Account CRUD:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
           <server-message xmlns="http://www.nextapp.com/products/echo2/svrmsg/servermessage" async-interval="disable" modal-id="" trans-id="5">
                 <libraries/>
                 <message-part-group id="init"/>
                 <message-part-group id="preremove"/>
                 <message-part-group id="remove"/>
                 <message-part-group id="update"/>
                 <message-part-group id="postupdate"/>
           </server-message>

Neither info in logs, no in firebug.  Could you suggest where to look?

Thanks,
        Anton

• Luca Garulli

Luca Garulli - 2009-03-02

Hi,
          it seems pretty strange. Try to set a breakpoint in BaseAccountMain.create() if any or CRUDMain.create() in order to see if the method is called.

Lvc@

• Anton Troshin

Anton Troshin - 2009-03-03

Luca,

I have managed to resolve this issue. It was a misconfiguration of configurable screen. BaseAccountMain.create() tried to occupy top most area of screen instread of its place. Seems that such layout errors are hard to debug, as there are no any hints come out.

Btw, another question. How can I stretch my Echo2 application to make header and footer be 100% width of screen?

Anton

• Luca Garulli

Luca Garulli - 2009-03-03

Hi Anton,
              you can play with Echo2 stylesheet in order to get the best layout. Surely you have some limits on alignment, width, etc. For deep information I suggest you to search in the Echo2 forum:

http://echo.nextapp.com/site/forum/

bye,
              Luca Garulli

• Anton Troshin

Anton Troshin - 2009-03-05

Hi Luca,

I wonder indeed how did you manage to stretch your own demo application at http://forge.assetdata.it/roma-demo? After following your tutorial I've got similar layout aligned by left side of screen and with preferred width, no stylesheet class was guessed right to improve this.

And second question is what component (I suppose it is grid) lies at bottom most position of demo layout?

Thank you very much for your patience!

Anton