Menu

Miscellaneous Bugs on First Uses

2014-09-01
2022-01-05
<< < 1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 3 of 4)
  • rakesh kumar

rakesh kumar - 2015-07-14

Hi,David
    today i'm downloading the new version of Qblade but i am getting error just after the extraction of zip file (i attached that file) and installation too. I have downloaded on other 3 laptops and getting the same problem.

• David

David - 2015-07-14

Thanks for letting me know. I think the .zip file was corrupt. I uploaded it again. Should work now.

David

Last edit: David 2015-07-14
  • rakesh kumar

rakesh kumar - 2015-07-21

Hi, david
    Once again i got error but this time not by zip file actually while installing Qblade application file .

• David

David - 2015-07-21

Rakesh,

you are trying to start QBlade from the .zip archive. You should unzip into a folder first so that the executable can access the .dll files.

• rakesh kumar

rakesh kumar - 2015-07-28

Hi David
    David i Execute from zip file but still i'm getting the same error .
    I dont what to do ...plz help me regarding this .

• David

David - 2015-07-29

Please extract the archive in a folder and then start the program. This should work.

David

• BOSE SUMANTRAA

BOSE SUMANTRAA - 2015-08-05

Dear sir,

I am performing VAWT simulations. During final timesteps of simulation ,Qblade crashes . pls see the attached doc for details of the ERROR. Looking forward for your support.

Regards,
    Bose Sumantraa

• BOSE SUMANTRAA

BOSE SUMANTRAA - 2015-08-05

The simulation was done in v0.9

• David

David - 2015-08-06

Hi Bose,
    these crash reports dont give me any information. Could you send me the project file? Maybe the crash is due to low memory. Did you store the animation of your simulation?

David

• BOSE SUMANTRAA

BOSE SUMANTRAA - 2015-08-06

Yes sir sure ,ill send over. can i have your email id pls?

• David

David - 2015-08-08

Please send the file with a description of the crash to qblade@outlook.com.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-08-11

sir i have emailed you the project file along witht the crash file. Looking forward from you.

Regards,
    Bose Sumantraa

• David

David - 2015-08-11

Hi Bose,

the problem is that you are running out of ram towards the end of the simulation. Because the 32bit version of QBlade can only access 2GB ram as a maximum a crash occurs when more ram is needed to store the simulation replay (you can check the ram usage in the task manager). Just switch off the replay in the setup dialog and the crashes go away. I also mentioned this issue in the guidelines document, you must have missed it. I am also re-releasing a 64bit version soon (need to fix some issues first) which is not limited to 2GB ram anymore.

By the way, I would suggest using more panels (either linear or sinusoidal) for your simulation. One panel per blade is not enough to get decent results.

regards,
    David

Last edit: David 2015-08-11
  • BOSE SUMANTRAA

BOSE SUMANTRAA - 2015-08-11

Dear sir,

Between I didnt notice the no.of panels.. sir are you talking about this? I have given 50 now .Is that accurate enough ?

• BOSE SUMANTRAA

BOSE SUMANTRAA - 2015-08-11

sir thank you for having supported tirelessly :-)

• David

David - 2015-08-11

That will slow down the simulation considerably and you might have to adjust the vortex core modelling. Take a value around 15, thats a good compromise.

David

• BOSE SUMANTRAA

BOSE SUMANTRAA - 2015-08-17

Dear sir,

I am running VAWT simulation. Qblade crashes suddenly . I have kept store replay as OFF.
    Looking forward from you.

Regards,
    Bose Sumantraa

• David

David - 2015-08-17

Please send the project file to qblade@outlook.com

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-02-21

Qblade will not allow me to open my project for some odd reason and this is the error I get. help please. this a very important project for class. Thank you

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Users\Jesucristo\Downloads\QBlade v0.91b_32bit\QBlade v0.91b_32bit\QBlade.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK

• David

David - 2017-02-21

Hi,

which version of QBlade are you using? Some older version could create corrupted project files.

David

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-02-24

hi
    first of all thank you very much for this software; it's very helpful.

i have two questions:
    1. can i open a project created with newer version, say v0.96.3, using older one, like v0.9? sometimes the software will display a message saying that there is no data points and automaically shuts down.
    2. using version 0.96.3, when i try to simulate a turbine using pitch control, the pitch angle will always be negative and the power curve will look very odd. if i used the same parameters with older versions, i'll get nicer cuves and positive pitch angles. is this right or wrong?

thank you very much
    salah

• David

David - 2017-02-24

Hi Salah,

let me answer your questions:

1) project files are not backwards compatible. You can only open "older" project files with "newer" versions of QBlade
    2) At some point I changed the definition, resulting in a sign change of the pitch angle. How you need to change your values should be clear when you look at the resulting angles of attack from the simulations

Cheers,

David

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-02-28

thank you very much for your help

• Yingyi Liu

Yingyi Liu - 2017-03-09

Dear Dr. David,
    I have a problem to report, I'm not sure if it is a bug or not. Please see the screenshot below.

I'm using the version QBlade_win_v0.96.3_64bit to analyze the NREL 5MW reference turbine. As shown in the screenshot, when I was doing the FAST simulation in the Qblade, the program was reminding me that the "windfield too small for Rotor", no matter I use the wind field data from Qblade database or import from that generated by TurbSim. And no matter I change the setting of "GridHeight" and "GridWidth" in the TurbSim input file, the program is always reminding me that error and I cannot proceed calculation. I'm not sure if I missed something and would really like to know how to make correct setting in the "windfield calculation" step for that.

Many thanks for your reply in advance.

Yingyi Liu

Last edit: Yingyi Liu 2017-03-09
  • David

David - 2017-03-09

Hi,

when using windfields the rotor has to be completely submerged within the windfield. This means that no blade should "stick out" of the windfield bounds. The issue that you experience is probably related to the hub height values. Both turbine and windfield have such a hub height value assigned around which they are "centered". If the windfield has the same hub height value than the turbine and its dimensions exceed the rotor diameter you should be fine...

Regards,

David

<< < 1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 3 of 4)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel