Menu

Asus EeePC701 keyboard settings

Anonymous
2015-09-21
2015-09-21
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-21

I installed Q4OS 1.4.2 on my Asus EeePC701 4G. All is working well, except the keyboard.
    When pushing the "0" button, I get a slash(/). I already tried a several keyboard types in the Control Panel,
    but this has no effect. Anyone any idea how to solve this problem? Cause other distros work without keyboard problems.

• Q4OS Team

Q4OS Team - 2015-09-21

Please specify your keybord layout. Run 'reportq4' command in terminal and attach generated debug file here to analyze.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-21

The keyboard layout used by Q4OS is:
    Portuguese(Brazil) br
    Keyboard model : PC Genérico de 104 teclas
    Comando: setxkbmap - model pc104 -layout-br

I tried to run de 'reportq4'command, but when typing it the leter 'p' becomes an '*' and 'o' becomes '6'.
    I tried both installations in English and Brazilian Portuguese, with the same results.
    The keyboard type of the netbook is qwerty-abnt2.

• Q4OS Team

Q4OS Team - 2015-09-21

Please try to switch to console login - press ctrl-alt-f1 and login with your username and password. Try the keyboard and generate debug file with the 'reportq4' command. Attach the debug file here, if it's possible.

• Q4OS Team

Q4OS Team - 2015-09-21

One more idea, try to switch NumLock off.
    Control panel -> Peripherals -> Keyboard -> NumLock on KDE startup -> set Off
    Login again and try the keyboard.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-21

I switched Numlock off and now it's working OK. The problem is you can't see on this type of netbook that Numlock is activated. I'll note it down and perhaps I can someone too with a problem like this in the future.
    Many thanks and go on with the good work.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel