Menu

Debian python 2.7 Installation

2013-03-04
2013-11-04
  • Juan Pablo Carbajal

Hi,

I think it would be good to update the installation notes. In the case of Debian systems that .pth file should go into the folder
    /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/

Still planning to generate a setup.py file?

Thanks

• Rob Clewley

Rob Clewley - 2013-03-04

Thanks. Yes, I have discovered that issue recently. A setup file has been written and works for Debian, at least. I will possibly release a linux-specific version with that installer soon, rather than wait to test how well it works across all platforms first. My time to test that stuff is severely limited right now.

• Juan Pablo Carbajal

I can test on the systems I have at hand. I can't see the setup.py in the bzr repo, though

• Rob Clewley

Rob Clewley - 2013-03-05

Thanks, that would be welcome. The setup file is not up yet anywhere. I can let you know when I do that if you email me. But it sounds like you have it working right now anyway.

• Juan Pablo Carbajal

Yes, it is working here!

I will be using PyDSTool for DAEs. Is there more documentation? If not I can help you writing some if you point me to the orginals.

Thx

• Rob Clewley

Rob Clewley - 2013-03-05

All we have is tests/DAE_example.py and freefinger_noforce_radau.py. More details about permissible DAE options and syntax can be gleaned from reading Radau's documentation and looking at the corresponding options for PyDSTool's interface to it, http://www.ni.gsu.edu/~rclewley/PyDSTool/Generators.html#The_ODE_.2BAC8_DAE_integrators. Sorry there isn't more - by all means send me some html to include on that page or a tutorial page (you can markup code and language in the way that I have done in other examples). It would be a helpful contribution.

-Rob

• Juan Pablo Carbajal

Hi Rob,

I will send you an example soon. Hopefully elucidating the use of the Radau solver interface (it seems it will be reverse learning :)).
    I will see how you created the html files for the tutorials.

Thx,