Menu

problem sending mail to gmail.

2015-06-25
2015-07-23
  • mainul islam khan

hi, i am facing problem to sending mail to gmail from postfix mail server. when i am sending mail from webmail then it is working fine. but when i send mail from outlook its not sending i have found some logs :
    2E1177024A9 99697 Wed Jun 24 15:53:55 razibul.boe@example.com
    (host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.72.27] said: 421-4.7.0 [0.0.0.0 15] Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0 rate limited. Please visit 421-4.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126 to review our Bulk Email 421 4.7.0 Senders Guidelines. re6si42875741pab.88 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))
    example@gmail.com

can any one help me. thanks in advance

• Simon Hobson

Simon Hobson - 2015-06-25

This is not a general Postfix help forum - this is for the separate package PostfixAdmin which configures/maintains virtual domains & mailboxes using Postfix (plus MySQL or PostgreSQL, optionally maildrop, and Courier or Dovecot).
    For Postfix help you should head over to postfix.org and check out the Postfix mailing lists.

But the problem is fairly common - Yahoo and AOL are also fairly strict in this. All it needs is for a few users to click "this is spam" when they've just forgotten they signed up for something and you get blacklisted for a while.
    The difference is that when sending from webmail, the headers (and quite possibly the content - Outlook defaults to HTML) is different - enough to make a difference between being over or under the spam threshold. All you can do is monitor what's going through your server, and make sure none of your users are spamming (either intentionally or due to a malware infection). As long as your server stays reasonably "clean", you'll find that the block will clear in a few days. But if you are sending spam, you'll find your output more and more throttled.

• GingerDog

GingerDog - 2015-07-23

It might be your IP address is listed in a dns blacklist.
    It might be that you don't have a reverse DNS record on your IP address.
    It might be that your envelope or address From header is for an invalid domain, or you're trying to send 'From' a domain that has a strict SPF record.