plptools doesn't connect to ncpd

Help
Micha
2007-03-05
2013-04-29
  • Micha

Micha - 2007-03-05

Hi,

I'm using zenwalk 4.4 with kernel 2.6.20. I've installed plptools 0.17. I've no error message seen, although its a bit difficult to read the output. ncpd starts without any error message. plpnfsd returns: "could not connect to ncpd".

Can anybody advice or help?

thx.

• Reuben Thomas

Reuben Thomas - 2007-03-05

What sort of serial port are you using? I've seen this problem most often with serial port to USB adaptors.

• Micha

Micha - 2007-03-09

It's a standard serial port. It worked before with ZW 4.2 and kernel 2.6.18.x. The problem appeared after the upgrade. I've downloaded and installed Plptools again (before posting for the first time). But to no avail...

• Reuben Thomas

Reuben Thomas - 2007-03-09

Two suggestions:

1. I might have forgotten something. Do search the forums, mailing lists &c. Similar problems have been reported before even with standard serial ports.

2. Get more information. I don't have a standard serial port or a kernel that new to try. Look at man ncpd, and see if you can start ncpd from the command line, without forking it [-d] and with extra debugging [-v all, or adjust until you get something useful].