Menu

/etc/sysconfig/psion

Help
Anonymous
2002-07-30
2002-07-31
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-07-30

Everything seems to compile fine - make and make install report no errors but /etc/rc.d/init.d/psion expects /etc/sysconfig/psion to exist: this file does not exist, it does not appear to be part of the distribution and a quick look though the CVS doesn't appear to turn up any likely candidates. I've checked all the documentation I can find, greped the whole source tree and I can't find any mention of how to make /etc/sysconfig/psion. what am I missing?

• Fritz Elfert

Fritz Elfert - 2002-07-30

Seems like you built from tarball?! What system?

In that case the initscript is intended to be a _sample_. Anyway, have a look into either etc/plptools.spec (there it is created) or (better) simply use debian/plptools.conf

BTW:
      The stuff below /etc/sysconfig/ is RedHat/Mandrake/SuSE8 specific. If you build for anything else, feel free to modify the initscript.

-Fritz

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-07-31

"Seems like you built from tarball?!"

Yes, plptools-0.11.tar.gz

"What system?"

Mandrake 8.2

"Anyway, have a look into either etc/plptools.spec (there it is created) or (better) simply use debian/plptools.conf"

Great, thanks for the help!

• Fritz Elfert

Fritz Elfert - 2002-07-31

If you have Mandrake 8.2, then i suggest
          building the source RPM instead (if you dont trust the binary RPM). In the RPM specfile, depending on the distro, several tweaks are done. In case of Mandrake, these are:
          - Moving KDE Menu-Entries to
             Mandrake's special locations.

You can build from src.rpm like this:

1. Install src.rpm:
             rpm -i plptools-0.11-1.src.rpm
          2. Build it:
             rpm -ba /usr/src/RPM/SPECS/plptools.spec

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-07-31

Copying debian/plptools.conf over at /etc/sysconfig/psion worked fine, everything seems to be working prefectly now. Thanks for the help!