Menu

source for kpsion

Help
2001-10-09
2001-10-09
  • Derek Jennings

Derek Jennings - 2001-10-09

Can anyone point me to the source files for kpsion and klipsi?

The Red Hat 7.x binary RPMs posted on sourceforge and KDE.org do not work with my Mandrake 8.1

TIA

Derek

• Derek Jennings

Derek Jennings - 2001-10-09

Oh Ok. I've worked it out now that I've looked at configure for plptools. Kpsion get compiled with the --enable-kde switch.

Release 0.10 still did not work even after I recompliled it. nmcp keeps crashing with segfaults. (I am using Mandrake 8.1)

0.92 compiles and runs just fine (once I realised that it is essential to give a --kde-dirs switch)

Pat on the back time... You've done a good job guys. ncmp seems solid and picks up my psion almost immediately. konqueror displays the file contents exactly as desired. Drag and drop works nicely, and kpsion is nice and snappy. Good clean appearance. Very similar in operation to PsiWin except your programme is better. (With PsiWin I had to start PsiWin and start the Psion at precisely the right times or else it did not work.)

Only 2 problems remain neither of which are your problem. Abiword crashes when opening PsiWord files, and I have no way to integrate my address books between Psion and PC. If you know any alternatives I'd be glad to hear of them.

Thanks for a nice product.
      Derek