Menu

Disappearing backup

Help
2002-08-07
2003-01-01
  • Matteo Corti

Matteo Corti - 2002-08-07

Hello,

I have some problems backing-up my machine with kpsion. I am able to select the machine and start the backup. The application correctly creates a temporary file in .kde/apps/kpsion/backups directory but after finishing the backup the file is deleted and nothing remains. If I try a restore no backups are listed.

Many thanks for any hint.

Matteo

• Fritz Elfert

Fritz Elfert - 2002-08-07

Did you had some error dialog before?
      If some file could not be read (e.g. because it's in use), and you klick on Cancel in that dialog, then the backup is considered 'broken' and gets finally deleted. To skip such a file without
      having a 'broken' backup, click "Ignore".

After successful backup, the temporary backup file is moved to a subdirectory of backups, named with the Psion's UniqueID. For example, my Psion's UniqueID is 1000118a0c428fa3, so all backups are moved to the subdirectory .kde/share/apps/kpsion/backups/1000118a0c428fa3/

Does such a subdir (with _your_ Psions UniqueID exist?)

-Fritz

• Matteo Corti

Matteo Corti - 2002-08-08

Hi,

absolutely no error messages or dialogs.

I have the dir with the unique ID and the temporary backup is also stored there ...

Thanks

Matteo

• Fritz Elfert

Fritz Elfert - 2002-08-08

Hmm strange, then i need more info (system, kind of Psion, what package downloaded, etc.)

Please contact me by email ...
      -Fritz

• Sune Carlzon

Sune Carlzon - 2002-12-16

Hi,

I have the same problem as described in here. My device is Ericsson MC218 and I have SuSe 8.0.

• Sune Carlzon

Sune Carlzon - 2002-12-16

Sorry,

I forgot to add: is there any solution for this yet ?

/Sune

• Patrick Van der Veken

Hi,

I am having the same problem on my RH 8.0 machine with plptools v0.11 and my Psion 5mx. It seems that the temporary backup file just gets deleted rather then moved/renamed?