Menu

VirtualBox 5.1 release

Jordi
2016-07-22
2017-03-12
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Jordi

Jordi - 2016-07-22

Hi! no rush but can we expect a phpVirtualBox release for VB 5.1 any time soon?

Thanks in advance!

• Paul

Paul - 2016-07-30

Same issue. Thanks

• Mark

Mark - 2016-08-14

VirtualBox 5.1 delivers significant speed improvements for Guests. I am using this on my local development system. So it would be a plus when this is available. Thanks Ian for such a great program! 5 stars *

I am going to donate again.

• gurabli

gurabli - 2016-08-19

Jumping in too, asking if you are planning to release a new version for VB 5.1? It would be so great to have it.
    Many thanks for your excellent work!

• Anybody Mustermann

Would love to update to 5.1 too, but missing phpvirtualbox support is holding me back. Would be so great if you could find time to make the necessary changes!

• Flow86

Flow86 - 2016-08-22

hi, I simply removed the version check locally from the 5.0 release, it works fine on virtualbox 5.1 (seems there are no relevant changes needed)

Last edit: Flow86 2016-08-22
  • Klokan

Klokan - 2016-08-22

Hi, Flow86, thanks for the tip. Just for easier life of each of us, "editing sysadmins" ;), is the version check just in file endpoints/api.php, or also in index.html, or maybe somewhere else (too) ? Thanks again!

• thump

thump - 2016-08-22

I was able to get v5.0-5 working with vbox 5.1 by commenting out the version check line and replacing it with a static value in the endpoints/api.php file:

// $response['data']['responseData']['phpvboxver'] = @constant('PHPVBOX_VER');
    $response['data']['responseData']['phpvboxver'] = "5.1-0";

YMMV.

Last edit: thump 2016-08-22
  • gurabli

gurabli - 2016-08-23

Many thanks @thump this is indeed good news. I will try out tonight.

A question: you entered a static value, 5.1-0. What happens if Vbox is updated to 5.1-1? We need to change the static value each time? Or the -X part is not relevant until major version change, like 5.2?

• thump

thump - 2016-08-23

I believe only the 5.1 portion is relevant given that I'm actually running vbox 5.1.4r110228. Again ymmv.

• gurabli

gurabli - 2016-08-29

I just tried your workaround and I can confirm it works perfectly fine on Ubuntu Server 16.04 and nginx. Many thanks, now I'm using latest vbox 5.1.

Last edit: gurabli 2016-08-29
  • Tamas Tobi

Tamas Tobi - 2016-09-29

Workaround:

go to phpvirtualbox webroot:

cd phpvirtualbox/
    cd ./endpoints/lib/

edit: config.php

find and repllace (comment out old, add new):

//define('PHPVBOX_VER', '5.0-5');
    define('PHPVBOX_VER', '5.1-0');

create 2 symlinks:

ln -s vboxweb-5.0.wsdl vboxweb-5.1.wsdl
    ln -s vboxwebService-5.0.wsdl vboxwebService-5.1.wsdl

Last edit: Tamas Tobi 2016-09-29
  • Barry Drinkwater

I tried the workaround. It allows the phpVirtualBox page to load, but doesn't seem to be fully compatible with VB5.1. "Settings" for VirtualBox is greyed out, functionality is limited.

Is Ian Moore still working on phpVirtualBox? He seems to have been pretty quiet lately.

• thump

thump - 2017-01-28

The workaround I posted above on 8/22 is fully functional.

• Thomas Rother

Thomas Rother - 2017-02-02

Sorry to say, but the workarounds from thump (fixed value in endpoints/api.php) and Tamas Tobi (change PHPVBOX_VER in /endpoints/lib/config.php) seem to not work anymore on Virtualbox 5.1.14r112924, tested on ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

• Randy David

Randy David - 2017-02-02

+1 in the 5.1 support...just found this program and got a ajax parsing error after logging in.
    I assume its because I have vbox5.1
    I'll revert to 5.0 to see if I have any luck

Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function VBox_Enum::__construct(),
    0 passed in F:\xampp\htdocs\phpvirtualbox\endpoints\lib\vboxconnector.php on line 2522 and exactly 2 expected in F:\xampp\htdocs\phpvirtualbox\endpoints\lib\vboxServiceWrappers.php:225
    Stack trace:

0 F:\xampp\htdocs\phpvirtualbox\endpoints\lib\vboxconnector.php(2522): VBox_Enum->__construct()

1 F:\xampp\htdocs\phpvirtualbox\endpoints\lib\vboxconnector.php(951): vboxconnector->remote_vboxGetEnumerationMap(Array)

2 F:\xampp\htdocs\phpvirtualbox\endpoints\api.php(316): vboxconnector->__call('vboxGetEnumerat...', Array)

3 {main}

thrown in F:\xampp\htdocs\phpvirtualbox\endpoints\lib\vboxServiceWrappers.php on line 225

• thump

thump - 2017-02-02

@Thomas Rother - The solution I posted above is still working fine for me on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS and Virtualbox 5.1.14-112924~Ubuntu~xenial.

It cannot be combined with the solution from Tamas Tobi.

• n0rb33r7

n0rb33r7 - 2017-02-03

I just came here to confirm that your solution worked, thanks (I am using Debian 8.6). For the others for whom it's not working - you should check if you have the correct version of extension pack...

• Randy David

Randy David - 2017-02-02

Nevermind...Same error on 5032

I'm on windows with xamp....I have the web service running also.
    anybody get this error before?

• Marvin Rohrbach

Marvin Rohrbach - 2017-02-04

Yep getting the same error now after a system upgrade. Maybe it's a PHP error. Which PHP and Apache versions do you have? Mine is Apache/2.4.25 (Unix) PHP/7.1.1. Running this on an ArchLinux Virtual Machine. Also my VirtualBox is Version is 5.1.14r112924. My Error Message is the same as yours: ArgumentCountError. Same files and same lines. Is there anyone who can help? This project seems to be inactive for a while...

• Thomas

Thomas - 2017-02-04

+1 Too few arguments to function VBox_Enum::__construct()

using Archlinux, Virtualbox 5.1.14, apache 2.4.25, php 7.1.1.

Downgrading php to 7.0.14 works well to solve this issue, but it's a dirty workaround.

• Marvin Rohrbach

Marvin Rohrbach - 2017-02-04

So it really is the new php version. What did they change? We need to fork and fix this or somehow get the original author on board. Have very little time currently, otherwise i'd try

• Thomas

Thomas - 2017-02-05

According to the official php website, vthe 7.1 introduced a backward incompatibility (some warnings have been promoted to error exceptions) : http://php.net/manual/en/migration71.incompatible.php

All the phpvirtualbox php sources need to be checked and fixed...

I have tried to debug the phpvirtualbox sources with xdebug/netbeans and I have found some functions called with a wrong number of arguments. I manage to get rid of the first error message and display my virtual machines list. But then, I get a new error when I try to edit a virtual machine configuration...

I don't know anything about php language and how to fix these functions properly.
      If anybody competent has a little time to take a look, that would be great!

• Thomas

Thomas - 2017-02-05

there is already a fix proposal for php 7.1
        have a look at https://github.com/imoore76/phpvirtualbox/pull/24
        I will try it.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)