Create connection function

Help
chayden
2008-06-02
2013-04-29
  • chayden

chayden - 2008-06-02

Hi All,
    How do I programmatically create and disconnect a connection. I know with the excel version I can use the PALO.REGISTER function to register a connection from within the worksheet. I love this. Thanks.

• Andreas Schneider

I'm not aware of such a function. At least there is nothing about it in the Palo book and also not in the Excel function list. You can of course submit a feature request with a detailed description of the function (parameters, return value, expected behavior, etc.)
      If you mean the source code of PalOOCa when saying "programmatically", you should take a look at org.palooca.network.* .

• chayden

chayden - 2008-06-02

Hi,
      If you enter the following function(=PALO.REGISTER("localhost","127.0.0.1",7777,"admin","admin")) in an excel cell, it will create a dynamic connection(that is not visible in the connection list) to the palo database. Take a look at the following link http://forum.palo.net/thread.php?threadid=1029 I had gotten the solution there but I am moving away from excel to openoffice.

• Andreas Schneider

Thanks for that hint. As stated there that's a pretty new feature which explains, why I didn't know about it. I'll add it to the feature tracker to be implemented in one of the next versions.