Trouble compiling openmortal 0.7 on debian

Help
m
2004-10-05
2013-07-18
  • m

m - 2004-10-05

Hi,
         I am running a debian system, and I am having trouble compiling openmortal 0.7. I have the following libraries installed.
    libsdl-mixer1.2-dev (1.2.4)
    libsdl-net1.2-dev (1.2.4)
    libsdl-ttf2.0-dev (2.0-0)
    libsdl1.2-dev (1.2.4)
    libsdl-image1.2-dev (1.2.2)
    gcc-3.2 (3.2.3)
    libttf2 (1.4)

WIth this, I get the following errors during make. Any help would be appreciated.

In file included from /usr/lib/perl/5.8.2/CORE/perl.h:446,
                     from MszPerl.h:19,
                     from State.cpp:22:
    /usr/include/sys/param.h:64: warning: `MIN' redefined
    common.h:29: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    /usr/include/sys/param.h:65: warning: `MAX' redefined
    common.h:26: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    State.cpp: In method `void SState::Save()':
    State.cpp:296: `::ios_base' undeclared (first use here)
    State.cpp:296: parse error before `::'
    State.cpp:297: request for member `rdstate' in `oStream', which is of non-aggregate type `ofstream ()(...)'
    State.cpp:303: no match for `ofstream (&)(...) << string'
    /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.4/../../../../include/g++-3/std/bastring.cc:469: candidates are: class ostream & operator <<<char, string_char_traits<char>, __default_alloc_template<true,0> >(ostream &, const basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > &)
    State.cpp:307: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[12]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:308: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[10]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:309: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[10]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:310: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[17]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:312: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[10]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:313: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[11]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:314: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[11]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:316: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[12]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:317: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[10]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:318: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[12]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:319: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[12]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:320: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[13]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:321: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[13]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:322: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[10]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:324: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[14]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:325: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[8]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:326: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[6]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:333: invalid operands `ofstream ()(...)' and `const char[7]' to binary `operator <<'
    State.cpp:337: request for member `flush' in `oStream', which is of non-aggregate type `ofstream ()(...)'
    State.cpp:338: request for member `close' in `oStream', which is of non-aggregate type `ofstream ()(...)'
    make[4]: *** [State.o] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/openmortal-0.7/src'
    make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/openmortal-0.7'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/openmortal-0.7'
    make[1]: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/openmortal-0.7'
    make: *** [build] Error 2

• UPi

UPi - 2004-10-07

You say you have gcc-3.2 (3.2.3), yet the error message comes regarding /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.4. This is an obvious error. Seems like your system started with gcc 2.95, then switched to 3.2, but automake/autoconf wasn't rebuilt. Or something. This doesn't seem like an openmortal problem to me.

On the bright side, there's an official debian package of openmortal 0.7, you can download it from your favorite debian mirror, or search the net for "openmortal 0.7 deb"

• Torsten Knodt

Torsten Knodt - 2013-07-18

I see this request is a bit old.
    I have packaged openmortal for Ubuntu but didn't do much testing so far.
    My PPA is available at: https://launchpad.net/~torsknod/+archive/ppa-experimental
    Regards
    Torsten